Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question regarding Wolfenstein 3D Wii

Posted by nightwishfan1 
Question regarding Wolfenstein 3D Wii
October 06, 2009 07:06PM
I was wondering if Wolfenstein 3D for Wii supported this mission pack that I'm reading about on wikipedia. The mission pack in question being "Wolfenstein 3D Super Upgrades", which is described on the wikipedia page as containing Wolf Creator which is a random map generator, Map Edit which is level editor/creator, and has replacement files for the original game. It also has 800 new levels/floors.

I'd try it myself, but the wiibrew page for Wolfenstein doesnt mention anything about mission packs, but that doesnt indicate any clue of compatibility or not with this. If anyone has tried it and knows then thanks, cause it will make my decision to purchase a copy of this pack in some way a bit easier in the sense that I'll know I'm not throwing away money on something that wont work on PC systems XP and higher if it doesnt work on Wii first.
Re: Question regarding Wolfenstein 3D Wii
October 07, 2009 04:00PM
So no one has an answer? Also I found out the Apogee site has the aformention super upgrades pack as a freeware download, but anyways i dont see any mention of mission packs, however I have noted that the wiibrew page makes mention of merging the three engines, which i know means the shareware, retail/registered copy of wolf, and spear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 05:17PM by nightwishfan1.
October 08, 2009 06:51AM
Odd. I actually had issues getting the full game running =\ I think the software is probably very buggy
October 08, 2009 04:42PM
^^Try the 1.3 build of the engine if you arent using it already. I'm using that and the original spear of destiny works fine except to me the sound is a little bugged when pressing against walls for secret locations. I'm only interested in wolf 3d and the super upgrades mission pack cause it's something i never knew was out at market til i started looking around. And now I also know spear of destiny has 2 other mission packs, which require the original spear of destiny game to run. However i got no idea how to run them, cause I dont know exactly how they install with spear of destiny. Like if they install and dump their game files into the originals directory or if they create a sub-directory within spear of destiny. If I knew exactly how their install paths were then it could possibly be very easy to replicate within the wii build.
November 09, 2009 03:38AM
Hello, nightwishfan1, and cactusjack901,

I’m new here and I joined pretty much just to post on this thread. I found this thread when I did a search for "Wolfenstein 3D Super Upgrades" looking to see if anybody has web pages about how to find secret levels in them.

I know you can get the PC Wolfenstein 3D from 3DRealms.com or [store.steampowered.com] .

I received Wolfenstein 3D Super Upgrades for Christmas 1994. Wolfenstein Super Upgrades is three packages together. I believe that one is called Wolfmaster, which has 800+ levels for Wolfenstein 3D. I don’t remember the name of the random level generator. The other package I believe is called MapEditor or WolfCreator.

Here’s a forum about how to get the PC Wolfenstein Super Upgrades Working:
[wolf3d.darkbb.com] However, I haven’t played Wolfenstein 3D Upgrades in over a year, so I don’t remember any new info to help you. If you still have trouble, then join the Wolf3D Haven at [wolf3d.darkbb.com] and ask questions.

Some web sites that are very interesting:
Diehard Wolfers Forum: [diehardwolfers.areyep.com] Unfortunately, they will block your gmail, hotmail, netscape, or yahoo email address from joining because of where they’ve gotten spam.
If you can’t join that, then join [games.groups.yahoo.com]
The Wolf3D Haven is probably the next best place to [diehardwolfers.areyep.com] and they won’t block you from entering because of your email: [wolf3d.darkbb.com]
The Wolfenstein 3D Dome at [www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk] has hundreds (Yes, hundreds) of English language Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny add-ons, total conversions, or mods. The French language web site doesn’t exist anymore and didn’t have nearly as many.

Please don’t mention the Random Level Generator on Diehard Wolfers Forum or Wolf 3D Haven because a lot of us are computer programmers, graphic designers for computer games, and don’t like the random level generator. Some of us have spent over 2 years to make a single mod with different levels, new challenges, new graphics, and a different Spear of Destiny ending Sequence.

Here are some tutorials for making graphics and levels: [wolf3d.darkbb.com]

You probably want to check out Spear Resurrection and Spear End of Destiny first: [www.areyep.com] . They have surprising endings. Then check out levels 67-70 of All This And Wolf3D from [www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk] . If you don’t want to complete levels 1-65, then send me a message with your email and I will email you the saved games for levels in the 60s this week.

If you have Doom 2, then check out the Wolfendoom games by Laz Rojas: [www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk]

I don’t know how to help you with the Wii, but I hope this info helps since you’re also a Wolfenstein 3D Fan.

Edit: I had forgotten to mention that with some mods, they play the music only in DOSBox. You can get it at DOSBox.com .

Create a shortcut for DOSBox. Drag and drop the wolf.exe or spear.exe icon onto the DOSBox shortcut. Then exit out of the game, but not out of DOSBox. Then type in:
C:\wolf3d.exe -goobers
or
C:\spear.exe -debugmode

Edit No. 2: Is Lair of The Mantis released yet?: [diehardwolfers.areyep.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2009 03:51AM by stathmk.
November 09, 2009 03:43AM
nightwishfan1
^^Try the 1.3 build of the engine if you arent using it already. I'm using that and the original spear of destiny works fine except to me the sound is a little bugged when pressing against walls for secret locations. I'm only interested in wolf 3d and the super upgrades mission pack cause it's something i never knew was out at market til i started looking around. And now I also know spear of destiny has 2 other mission packs, which require the original spear of destiny game to run. However i got no idea how to run them, cause I dont know exactly how they install with spear of destiny. Like if they install and dump their game files into the originals directory or if they create a sub-directory within spear of destiny. If I knew exactly how their install paths were then it could possibly be very easy to replicate within the wii build.
I'm going to take a wild guess that you're talking about the PC version and I don't know if the Mac versions of the Episodes are different. I made a backup directory for Spear of Destiny Episode 1. Let's call this C:\games\sodep1 . Then I copied it and made C:\games\sodep2 and C:\games\sodep3. Then I copied the episode 2 files into the episode 2 folder. Then I copied the episode 3 files into the episode 3 folder.
November 18, 2009 06:55PM
stathmk
nightwishfan1
I'm going to take a wild guess that you're talking about the PC version and I don't know if the Mac versions of the Episodes are different. I made a backup directory for Spear of Destiny Episode 1. Let's call this C:\games\sodep1 . Then I copied it and made C:\games\sodep2 and C:\games\sodep3. Then I copied the episode 2 files into the episode 2 folder. Then I copied the episode 3 files into the episode 3 folder.

No not the PC version. I'm assuming you're using the Wii version which has 3 builds of the game engine for it. 1.3 is the latest of those builds for both Spear of Destiny and Wolf 3D. I call it engine cause that's basically what was ported. The engine which the Wolf 3D and Spear of Destiny games run off of. Sorry for the confusion on that. Anyways just google search Wii Wolfenstein 3D 1.3 download, or something along those lines if that doesnt work. You'll get a result for it.

And about how you got the Spear of Destiny games working. In the end of your process it sounds as though you got the original Spear of Destiny in it's own folder on the root of C: on your pc or mac. Then within that folder you got the mission packs contained in their own folder correct?

For example if I'm reading what you're saying correctly is that you have the following: C:\Spear of Destiny\SoDep2\SoDep3
That's what I think you described doing. On a PC the install path goes Spear of Destiny episode 1 which would install a Spear of Destiny folder onto the C: drive. This is if you install using DOS version of the game. Then you installed episodes 2 and 3 and moved them to the episode 1 folder. i'm pretty sure that's what you did from the sounds of it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login