Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DVDx is disappearing in the Wii File System

Posted by Starlord 
DVDx is disappearing in the Wii File System
October 10, 2009 08:24PM
Hi @ll,

I updated my wii to 4.2.
Now I want to install DVDx to watch DVD Videos with Mplayer CE 0.75.
So I used the dvdx installer from the new Hackmii install package.
But no DVD was detected.
So I watched with Any Title Deleter the Filesystem and saw DISC in Hidden Channels (which must be the new shortcut for DVDx).
But as I said, no dvd was detected. So I uninstalled DVDx with the Hackmii install package and took the old DVDx Standalone installer.

I did a normal installation and everything was working. (also the uninstall is appearing after the installation).
I open Mplayer CE 0.75 and tested some DVDs, and voila it was working without any issue.
As I looked in the Filesystem with Any Title Deleter the old shortcut DVDX was appearing in the Hidden Channels.

BUT now a very very strange issue happens.
I restarted my wii and opened Mplayer CE again. No DVD was starting.
I was wondering what happen. So I open the the standalone package of DVDx and didn't see an uninstall option.
So I changed to Any Titel Deleter and looked at the Hidden Channels and there was no DVDx.
So I installed DVDx again. Everything was fine again DVDX was appearing in the Hidden Channels and every Video DVD could be watched.
But if I restart my Wii I have to do the whole procedure again, cause DVDx is disappearing.

The new DVDx isn't working with Mplayer CE so I always have to reinstall the old DVDx version.
Can somebody explain what I have to do, please?
Re: DVDx is disappearing in the Wii File System
October 10, 2009 08:34PM
Wii Menu 4.2 deletes titles HAXX (old HBC) and DVDX (old DVDx). Until Mplayer CE is updated, or you install cIOS USB2.0 (with the help of Trucha) You will have to continue like that.
October 10, 2009 08:37PM
Install MPlayer CE cIOS. (see my reply at tehskeen to your post for more info, cbb typing it all again)
October 10, 2009 08:41PM
OMFG
I thought 4.2 just recognize HAXX and DVDX one time (during the update) and deletes it.
So 4.2 is checking every time if dvdx or haxx is installed.
But now I know the reason for the issue and I look forward to the next update. :-D

@SifJar
I will try it

Thx a lot metroid_maniac, SifJar.

Edit:
Everything is working.
THANK YOU A LOT @Metroid ,Sif
Now I can relax with Lost Winds 2 a good DVD Movie and some Homebrew Games.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 08:53PM by Starlord.
October 16, 2009 07:21AM
i only just found this thread but am still lost i have only just installed wii homebrew today i have no other experience with the program prior
i installed homebrew channel DVDx and Bootmii

now in my apps golder i have both Mplayer TT and CE i run TT it spins the cd and the light comes on flashes goes off and i dont get to watch the DVD any ideas of why this is i am running version 4.2
October 18, 2009 05:08PM
you cannot play dvds on 4.2 currently, because DVDx had to be updated to work on 4.2 (which has happened) and then DVD-playing apps have to be updated to work with new DVDx (which hasnt been done yet)
October 18, 2009 06:22PM
It hasn't been updated to support the new DVDx yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login