Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Visual Boy Advance GX does not save my games.

Posted by pimpsahoy 
Re: Visual Boy Advance GX does not save my games.
December 21, 2008 05:13AM
pwiggi
I'm hitting this same problem in vbagx 1.0.5... using in-game save (not save states), /vbagx/saves is present; I can see/load save files that were made some time ago, but no new ones can be created. Deleted the old xml file, uninstalled & reinstalled vbagx through homebrew browser...

I'll try downgrading to an older version... was this ever verified to be a bug / is a fix pending for a future version?

Yes it's a bug, yes there's a fix coming. This is described on the VBA GX site.
December 22, 2008 03:48AM
Tantric
Yes it's a bug, yes there's a fix coming. This is described on the VBA GX site.

Hmm, I couldn't find this one in the bug reports - the bug with save states is there, but I don't see a bug related to save *files*.

Also, I still have the problem after downgrading from 1.0.5 to 1.0.3. Given that other people seem to be able to save just fine in 1.0.3 and 1.0.4, I'm wondering if it is something else on the filesystem. FWIW, I'm doing all the file manipulation by plugging the SD card into a Linux box. Could be some issue with how Linux handles vfat filesystems?

I removed the /apps/vbagx directory completely before putting 1.0.3 in place. Save states work back in this version, though, so I have a workaround at least.

Double-checked that saves work in snes9x, as well - everything looks good over there, so it's not card-wide.
December 29, 2008 09:06PM
I just noticed that my old saves for VBA GX no longer work (savestate or battery). I'm wondering if there's something I can do to "fix" them? I even tried using some from my PC installation of VBA to see if they would work, but they did not.

They are still "ROM name.sav" and "ROM name.sgm" right?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login