Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hbc9 not quite a bug but interesting

Posted by hackvcs 
hbc9 not quite a bug but interesting
November 21, 2008 11:14PM
If you launch the hbc with a wii game in then swap for a gamecube game and exit the hbc, the wii games banner is still there but if you try to launch it the wii restarts. new exploit? probably not just thought i'd share.

i posted the video. its a little shaky because i have a cold and the room was 56ยบ.gov
Ok it is definitely hbc 9 because i downgraded to hbc 8 and used starfall to skip to main menu and did not get the same results
edit you dont have to switch to a GC game you can switch to a wii game also or an iso with menu patcher. the only iso tested hbc 8 install disc wich works on my unmoded wii .
i dont have any other iso to test

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2008 10:33PM by hackvcs.
Re: hbc9 not quite a bug but interesting
November 22, 2008 12:59AM
hmm... this is odd. It worked for me, too. You may be on to something! This could potentially work to test channel banners! Or maybe even run disks by bypassing the reboot somehow! But there's one thing that's sure: it can NOT be used to hack the vc, hackvcs!
November 22, 2008 02:03AM
Hmm... I doubt much will come out of it but might be a good testbed. Very interesting. How did you find this one out anyways?
November 22, 2008 03:26AM
I found it out the other day, when I was playing around with the hbc, and swapped the disc out for a gamecube came I wanted to play. I also doubt much will come from this.
oh and strongfan the vcs stands for video computer system aka atari 2600 or was that a joke.
mini biography
I have been up-to-date on the wiibrew scene since april and installed hbc about 6 month's ago I have done a little tweaking with other programs unfortunately the only language I am ok with is C64 basic lol.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2008 04:40AM by hackvcs.
November 22, 2008 04:38AM
I dont have any debug tools so I cant see what the wii is doing
if anyone can that would be nice.
i wonder if you used say mario kart wii and did the steps i told you but inserted a dvd with the same id like RMCE if it would boot unfortunately i have a mac and cant try this.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2008 10:28PM by hackvcs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login