Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MPlayer CE v0.76?

Posted by tapsevarg 
MPlayer CE v0.76?
November 27, 2009 05:14PM
Hello,

Can anybody get this working? Or is it just me?

The app will not load for me. It freezes at the black screen where "loading MPlayer CE v0.76" displays.
Re: MPlayer CE v0.76?
November 27, 2009 05:46PM
are you sure you have all the right files on your sd card?
November 27, 2009 09:27PM
I was told by somebody here that I could erase every file on my SD card after I installed bannerbomb, HBC, DVDX2, and bootmii on the wii.

So I have HBC, DVDX2, and bootmii already installed on my wii. There is nothing on my SD card other than my video files and (2) apps: Mplayer CE v.76 and Wiiradio.

Repeat, there is nothing on my SD card other than apps and video files. Did I need those files left behind from the HBC, DVDX2, and bootmii install?
November 28, 2009 07:40AM
OK.

So here's what I just tried.

I erased my HBC. I then reinstalled bannerbomb and HBC. I then find out I just lost Bootmii. I can install only as ios... but the other option that was there in previous installs is now gone.

Anyway, I reinstall HBC. I put the new Mplayer in the apps folder. I open the Mplayer CE in HBC..... same darn issue. The thing NEVER loads. NEVER. I just removed MPlayer CE v.76 and replaced it with MPlayer CE v.75. MPlayer CE v.75 works just fine. But v.76 NEVER loads, I've waited a minute on the off chance it's a really long loader. Nothing.

So, again, is MPlayer CE v.76 working for anybody?
November 28, 2009 05:47PM
Of course. Works fine for me. But I saw this after I did a 4.1 upgrade. Either: fix your DVDx install (remove your old one, install a new one, etc), or install IOS 202. Or both.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2009 05:53PM by Tantric.
November 28, 2009 06:24PM
I am 4.2U. I had to update in order to get SDHC. It's a brand new wii too.

Not sure how you remove DVDX. Doesn't matter though. I reinstalled it like I mentioned, along with HBC. No help.

I've never done the IOS install.

Which install method worked for you? Did you do that IOS thing? Or did you just simply drop it into the apps folder of your SD card? Seems really odd v.75 works perfectly fine but v.76 will never load.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2009 06:26PM by tapsevarg.
November 29, 2009 09:03AM
I officially have tried everything to install v.76 by just dropping it on my SD card like past versions. Nothing has worked.

I have formatted my wii. I have reinstalled HBC and bootmii multiple times... and no go.

The ios install looks a bit scary for somebody like my self who is not that technically inclined.

I just looked at MPlayer CE's wiki and people installing ios even have freezing issues as well. Glad to see I am not the one person in the universe with these issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2009 09:13AM by tapsevarg.
November 29, 2009 10:12PM
The last time I checked mine said it wasn't a valid Wii application, and I dl'ed it straight from HBB.

I updated it from the last version, so I deleted it and I'm gonna try to download it again..hopefully it works for me...
November 29, 2009 11:12PM
Nevermind, I actually just got mine to work beautifully. :]

All I did was delete it off of my USB drive, download it from wiibrew.org, put it on my USB through my comp, and reinstall DVDx from the newest hackmii version.

The first few times the DVD's came out a bit choppy and it was uber confusing, but the third time I played the DVD it was magical. :D It looks great.

Thank you for the people who finally updated it to work on 4.2! <33333
December 01, 2009 04:20PM
MPlayer CE used to work on my USB device but with the newest 0.76 it wouldn't work on it. I ended up putting it into a SD card.
December 02, 2009 12:13AM
Matoking
MPlayer CE used to work on my USB device but with the newest 0.76 it wouldn't work on it. I ended up putting it into a SD card.
And you got it to work on the SD card? I haven't been able to. I have tried everything... short of reworking my entire system for a DVD playing program (cIOS).

Seems a lot of people are having issues with it, after looking at the wiki page. Sucks. Because I needed the update to get SDHC support. Otherwise I would not need v0.76. And I would have had a DVD player for the last 3 months. But I need SDHC and had no choice. And now I am stuck without a DVD player. Oh well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login