Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mplayer ce freezing

Posted by chanoo 
mplayer ce freezing
December 09, 2009 03:07AM
hi guys i have a problem with the mplayer ce after loading it freezes on a black screen with the words 'loading mplayer CE v.0.76....' so whats up i have no idea again. Thanks Chanoo
Re: mplayer ce freezing
December 09, 2009 03:15AM
How long does it freeze for?
December 09, 2009 03:18AM
hi crisco at the moment since i put it on. tried it several times keeps freezing it now been 40 mins and my wii remote turns off as soon as it freezes aswell.
December 09, 2009 03:24AM
Try a different version of mplayer ce like 0.7.5 and see if that works, I really have no idea
about this sorta stuff. Are you trying to load through a USB drive?
December 09, 2009 03:49AM
ok tried the 0.7.5 version and it seems to load and the screen with the stop, open, current playlist ect comes up so thats good right. now to work out how to play dvds and i am all set any pointers. Thankyou once again to all that helped chanoo
December 28, 2009 03:44AM
yeah i had that too
then i redownloaded it and it got as far as searching for it and said its not in the right folder the vaild folders are.... yet its in a valid folder
have worked out it will load from sd but not usb
looks like ill try 7.5
7.5 does the same thing!!! loads fine from sd but not usb says its not in valid folder yet i have tried it in both options it lists

only thing i can think of is i have a fat32 partition instead of maybe fat..? could that cause it... it seems to be able to read the usb when it loads from sd

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2009 04:44AM by bert02.
December 28, 2009 08:43PM
It expects itself to be on an SD card, I presume.
December 29, 2009 08:41AM
well yes and no
it lists 4 valid areas (2 on sd 2 on usb) it can be placed but only finds it if its on sd so i think they broke the usb directory in 1 of the versions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2009 08:42AM by bert02.
December 29, 2009 06:31PM
Maybe it's the wiis because I have not installed an cios and USB works perfectly for me. I'm able to watch and listen to all sorts of media.
January 01, 2010 11:19PM
Hi, I have the same problems. .75 worked for me, and so did .76, then one day it didn't. so i tried .75 from my sd card, but it wont work. however, it works from my usb. the only problem is that not all the files appear. so my problem is that .76 freezes on loading, like those above. but bert02's problem is reversed for me. it says not in valid folder only from sd, not usb. i need major help!!
January 02, 2010 12:29AM
hmmm seems strange ill send u the working sd card 1 and u send the 1 working for usb... haha
what directory are u running it from the usb..
are you running a usb stick or usb hard drive
what sd card are u using is it sdhc? an adapter for micro or mini ?

i have a usb to sd adapter so put my sd card that works with mplayer into it. it picked up the stick but got the same error for usb. then put it back into the sd slot and it worked fine again ???
so that basicly rules out sd or usb formatting

i place it in the other usb slot and it gets stuck on the loading screen

i see u said it worked and now it doesnt what did u change inbetween that may of caused it??
have u updated homebrew or any cios

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2010 12:38AM by bert02.
January 02, 2010 12:57AM
no, i don't use cios. I'm scared of bricking my wii. the only updated homebrew i have are vba gx and snes gx. on the usb its in apps/mplayer_ce like on my sd card. its a usb stick and the sd card is the ones made by sandisk for the wii. and, for some reason, with an usb in my wii when the app is loading, i am forced to press the power button. but if it isn't in there, i can still turn off my wii with the button on the remote.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2010 12:57AM by Hollow_Dragonite.
January 20, 2010 09:37AM
[www.mibbit.com] theres a new beta version here but now it wont find my ntfs drive
January 27, 2010 05:47PM
i tried it, but it doesn't work. it says mounting dvd or something, then success, and then some words appear really fast and then i get a code dump.
February 08, 2010 11:37AM
another new beta version out [mplayer-ce.googlecode.com]
February 20, 2010 09:10PM
This is worse. I can't even see anything, even the code dump, bcuz the screen blurs until it returns 2 the Homebrew Channel.
March 01, 2010 05:58PM
Ok, so I've must have done something wrong, because I installed the cios and downloaded mplayer ce from the homebrew browser and it still froze!! I went to the google page and got "hermes cIOS_Installer.rar", extracted it, and and launched and no problems came up, so that cant be it.
March 01, 2010 09:15PM
Install the latest DVDX with the latest HackMii Installer ( [bootmii.org] )
March 04, 2010 04:10AM
I did, but still nothing. Or am I supposed to re-install the cIOS after installing DVDX?

Never mind. I used DOP-IOS MOD and the report it gave me showed IOS 202 had trucha, identity, NAND, and flash, but not usb 2.0. I had re-installed IOS 202 because when it didn't work, I deleted it. However, this time I installed it using the installer from WiiXplorer, but I don't think that matters because the meta file said it was for MPlayer CE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2010 05:39PM by Hollow_Dragonite.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login