Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[RESOLVED] Internet channel

Posted by the_observer 
[RESOLVED] Internet channel
December 10, 2009 04:42PM
Hi all.

I am a new user around here so excuse me if i ask something obvious.

With the aid of the very good homebrew channel documentation ,i have managed to successfully install homebrew channel and a couple of apps.

Yet i have nowhere found something about the internet channel.

From what i have read you had to download Opera from wiishop which later changed from Nintendo to buy it from wii shop and lately it has become free to download it again.
Assuming the above sentence is correct (correct me please if it is wrong) i went to the shop channel in order to download what is necessary to be able to browse the web.

There it said i had to upgrade my system (currently is 3.1E) in order to reach wiishop and throuw me back to main menu.

I read everywhere here that i should not upgrade my system through NIntendo .So i read more and i think that i should use Wisscu or Dop-IOS mod in order to upgrade wishop channel.

1st i tried Wiscuu which when loaded asked me to update my News and forecast channels (which btw work ok right now) but mentioned nothing for wii shop .

So what should i do ,in order to upgrade Wii Channel so i can download internet channel or opera or whatever it is over there in order to be able to browse the internet?

Thank you 4 your patience reading this.

Regards,
The_Observer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2009 05:06PM by the_observer.
Re: Internet channel
December 10, 2009 07:31PM
Use Dop-IOS Mod or WiiSCU to install IOS 61 and the shop channel. The news and forcast channel thing that you saw in WiiSCU was probably just the warning on the startup screen about installing duplicate versions of these channels. You have to go past the start screen to installing anything. There is an option to update the shop channel.
December 11, 2009 06:44AM
Yes this is correct.
It was a warning about installing duplicate versions of these two channels.

Though there was not an option to go past that screen. The options were either to install them or exit.

So i guess to get past that screen according what you tell me i have to install these 2 channels to go forward.

Thanx 4 your help mate.

Regards,

The_Observer.
December 11, 2009 05:06PM
Well it worked ok.

At first i disregard jbc007 answer concerning updating also the IOS 61.

I updated only shop channel.

It updated but wasnt working ,throwing me to main menu.

Then i updated IOS 61 also. I choose -Trucha (the options were -Trucha and +Trucha ) without knowing what this is and if it is good.

It didnt worked either giving me an error regarding my wifi connection.

So finally i updated both IOS 61 with -Tucha and Wii Shop Channel and it worked like a charm.

Thank you.

Regards,
The_Observer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login