Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

making a loadabe homebrew disk??

Posted by dan3008 
making a loadabe homebrew disk??
December 16, 2009 01:34AM
Ok. I have a game that i have made (Go me) but now i want to share it with my friends. Well thats where the problem is. One of my friends doesnt like modded wiis. I remember reading somewhere that its possable to burn homebrew stuff to a disk that an unmodded wii can read and play. Is this stue? and if so how can it be done?
Re: making a loadabe homebrew disk??
December 16, 2009 01:36AM
I believe it is possible but you must have a wii below 3.3. However I am not sure...
December 16, 2009 01:45AM
ok. the wii is version 3.2 i belive. However he may have updated. do you have any idea as to how it would be doable??
December 16, 2009 01:51AM
I honestly have no idea. I have just heard that it can be done. For example the Freeloader Disc by Datel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2009 01:52AM by TopGun96.
December 16, 2009 01:53AM
ok thanks. That is the sort of thing i am looking for. Anybody else know how it was done?
December 16, 2009 10:39AM
What you are looking for is "trucha" signing. It needs a wii without a lot of updates tough.
December 16, 2009 10:44AM
ok, so what do i need to do?
December 16, 2009 06:50PM
i dont think even with a 3.2 wii you can boot a trucha signed disc without a) a modchip or b) modifications i.e. cIOS etc.

freeloader is made by datel who figured out a way round that.

EDIT: By which I mean, they reverse engineered the disc encryption used (or something along those lines). They did this back in the GC days, and Wii uses same disc encryption or whatever. But the discs actual content was trucha signed, after the discovery of trucha bug by TT. Hence freeloader wont work on System Menus above 3.3.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2009 10:33PM by SifJar.
December 16, 2009 11:47PM
ok so i cant truncha sign it. Thats ok. Is there anyother way of burning it to a disk or is the whole thing just a nogo?
December 17, 2009 05:57PM
It is impossible to launch a burnt disc of any type on an unmodded Wii. it needs either a modchip or cIOS and a "backup loader". The later is unsupported here. And if you were to do the later, you may as well just install run the game from HBC.
December 17, 2009 09:34PM
Define "game" in the phrase you wrote "game that I have made"
December 18, 2009 01:44AM
i made a game useing wii game studio. just a little thing to amuse myself and some friends.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login