Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Screen Recorder

Posted by kkrol 
Re: Wii Screen Recorder
December 09, 2008 09:29PM
Well, you do know the functionality of capturing screenshots is already there, don't you?
All you have to do is connect a USB keyboard and hit "Print Screen" when you are ready to take your snapshot.
Then you go back to the system menu and right click on your Wiimote, which is accomplished by pressing the "B" button and select "Paste" from the context menu.
The picture is then added to the Snapshot Channel (hopefully you have downloaded it from the Wii Shop Channel already).

I had a video of this procedure and was about to upload it to YouTube when suddenly I spot what seemed like an alien spaceship hovering high above my backyard so I hurried to the Window and taped it on to of the snapshot procedure video. I mean, who's thinking about a method to take snapshots on the Wii when there is a UFO in you backyard?
Sadly, my wife taped an episode of America's Top Model on top of the UFO video so now I have neither.

:-)
December 09, 2008 10:03PM
kkrol
Okay, well i might start to work on it again, but theres really no point for me.
You will struggle to code it more if you aren't bothered about the result.

kkrol
when it get it from prizerebel
You're starting to sound like a salesman :-)

kkrol
i also think we could get alot of help from people who programed the screen recorders for PC like Camstudio, and Hypercam, maybe they could throw something in, or suggest their ideas.
Seriously, I don't know if you're trying to prove something, but's what with these recurring references? Recording the Wii's screen is not like a PC Desktop where you can have several programs open any only want select bits.

Also, HyperCam is a commercial application, so I'd be amazed if they decided to tell you anything.

Good luck if you do actually attempt this, but even if you manage, I believe you'll find the performance so bad, it'll be useless
December 10, 2008 10:02AM
don't laugh, he probably installed the MAC version of X-CAM Recorder, this should work, "I am not a coder" © but I think it is possible...

but that's true that the 3-days trial version will automatically format your sdcard, too bad :-(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2008 10:02AM by ekeeke.
December 10, 2008 10:23PM
Man, you'd think we'd be able to port a Mac application(the Mac IS PowerPC based, after all), but it's probably a lot more complicated than that, isn't it?
December 11, 2008 01:27AM
strongfan
Man, you'd think we'd be able to port a Mac application(the Mac IS PowerPC based, after all), but it's probably a lot more complicated than that, isn't it?

Not necessarily... The mac went intel in 2005. So your computer must be older.
December 11, 2008 08:23AM
While the processors will be the same, the system API and architecture will undoubtly be different.
December 11, 2008 10:03AM
this was a (poor) joke
December 11, 2008 10:18AM
I don't know, it's given me a good laugh :-)
December 11, 2008 04:18PM
yeah, I hated to see it end... I wanted to hear what else he came up with...

we should have found an "un-delete" freeware app to give him to get his "program" back!
December 11, 2008 08:35PM
lol ill be honest, it worked, but it was the biggest peace of shit ive ever seen in my life. it captured 1 frame per 10 seconds, and the quaility sucked. the file couldnt be opened on my pc and it was a huge app, so i deleted it and then posted this because i think it can be done.
December 11, 2008 09:26PM
Sorry dude, I don't think anybody is going to believe you until two things happen-

1. You give us some details of the technicals (don't need to quote code, just explain the process)

2. You get your story straight... and I quote
kkrol
then accidently reformated my sd card, so it was all lost.

kkrol
so i deleted it
December 12, 2008 02:10PM
Huahuahauahauahuaha...

(Really, how works a frame grabber? I'm noob on coding, but I'm learning C right now, and, uhhh, this sounds interesting to trying to do and to keep on a SD card that auto-formats itself :P )
December 12, 2008 08:56PM
This is total BS.
Why the hell would his source be on his SD card?
He can't keep his story straight and 1 frame per 10 seconds still seems exagerated.

He is just making a bs story and claiming that it worked so someone else will make it because he claims it possible.
Pshh
Even with a USB gecko's extra ram it would be hella tough and would still have mega slowdowns
December 12, 2008 10:45PM
It was legit poop. if i wanted someone else to make it i could have easily made a thread asking some one to make it. Its not worth it, all it did was take pictures of the screen, like any other capture program, and at a slow rate.
December 12, 2008 11:24PM
Okay, last thing before I completely start ignoring this thread

kkrol
and the quaility sucked. the file couldnt be opened on my pc
How do you know the quality if your PC couldn't open the file? How do you know you weren't just capturing random code/data/garbage from memory?

kkrol
if i wanted someone else to make it i could have easily made a thread asking some one to make it.
Perhaps you knew that if you just asked somebody to make it for you, you'd get absolutely nobody replying to you. So you created this elaborate fantasy where parallel dimensions merge and your program takes some semi-corporeal shape, in order to convince somebody it's worth the effort, when it takes 5 minutes and £30 to buy a piece of kit to do this for you, with good quality and no latency on the Wii
December 13, 2008 01:26AM
i'd rather eat a rotten asshole than here you complain.
December 13, 2008 02:21AM
kkrol
i'd rather eat a rotten asshole

He's the angriest thread starter you have ever heard...
:D
December 13, 2008 09:35AM
@kkrol, there's no need for that. I only asked for a simple explaination of your program. Any developer can explain any program they write, so your lack of description makes everybody skeptical.

I only hope while you're down there eating rotten backside that you lose the need to "prove yourself", then you'd probably find more people willing to help you out.
December 13, 2008 03:51PM
kkrol
i'd rather eat a rotten asshole than here you complain.

Goes great with whipped cream...
December 14, 2008 06:13PM
kkrol

I had it nearly working, and then accidently reformated my sd card, so it was all lost. I am not going to redevelope it, because it was so hard for me, but i suggest someone else begin to make it.

Considering the effort that was put into that first post, I'm guessing you just want someone who can actually code to make a screen recorder. What amazes me is that, from the looks of it, it could be possible! If someone (unlike myself) can make this, it'll be a very popular Homebrew application! Although buying a capture card is more practical, people will be very excited to try this out. With all the limitations, it'll be one of, if not, the hardest app to make. Good luck to you all !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2008 06:18PM by TwilightHacker.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.