Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

can the wii read zip files???

Posted by niloc 
can the wii read zip files???
January 09, 2010 12:05AM
I want to install certain emulators on my wii. after i download the emulator file to be put on my SD card, should i unzip the file to be put on my SD card or can i put the zip file directly onto my SD card for my wii to read? how many different emulators can i put on my wii or SD card? should i use separate SD cards for each emulator?
Re: can the wii read zip files???
January 09, 2010 12:08AM
Unzip the file first.

You can as many emulators as you want, as long as you have enough space on your card.

No, you don't need separate SD cards.
January 09, 2010 05:08PM
If you want, you can use WiiLoad to send the zip file to your Wii and HBC will unzip it and put it on your SD card for you I think, but its probably easier to unzip it on computer and put it on SD card manually.
January 09, 2010 06:45PM
The Wii console itself cant read zip files. Nor any PC based file for that matter. Certain apps however can with the use of certain development libraries. Note the seventh feature on the Snes9X GX google code page below. It says .zip, .7z support, which means the emulator should be able to read the files. Note I'm saying emulator. This doesnt mean the Wii can alone.

[code.google.com]
February 04, 2010 07:16PM
Wiiexplorer can read and unzip .zip files on to your sd card
February 04, 2010 08:30PM
jake
Wiiexplorer can read and unzip .zip files on to your sd card
:0

This I did not know. How nifty!
April 05, 2012 03:59PM
i think the easiest way (if you dont have access to a computer..) is to download .zip or .rar files onto my phones sd card (small sd card) and use an sd card extension to use for the wii, then unzip via wiiexplorer (phone with a large data plan is recommended) LOL i do this to play n64 games all the time =)
April 05, 2012 04:46PM
This thread is over 2 years old. Don't bump a thread so old again please.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.