Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slight Bug With Gecko OS But Nothing Major

Posted by wildgoosespeeder 
Slight Bug With Gecko OS But Nothing Major
January 12, 2010 07:55AM
I just noticed some bug that happens with the Wii Message Board when it logs what game you played and how long. When cheating in Wii games using Gecko OS 1.9.3, the Wii logs you playing it as "Homebrew Channel" and not the game you are really playing. Is there any way to correct this? My thought is since the Wii loads the channel screen for the game it also loads the text for the little bubble when you hover the cursor over the channel. Is there any way to extract that value to fix this issue so that way the Wii logs it the right way and not log it under "Homebrew Channel"? This is a problem because I like to check various stats with the Playstats app of what I played on my Wii.
Re: Slight Bug With Gecko OS But Nothing Major
January 12, 2010 08:25AM
Maybe if you launched Gecko OS through bannerbomb first, and then launched the game.
January 12, 2010 10:53AM
Perhaps if you made a Gecko OS channel with CustomizeMii, but I'm not sure. Then it may show up as "Gecko OS" instead of Homebrew Channel or the correct game name.
January 12, 2010 03:56PM
SifJar
Perhaps if you made a Gecko OS channel with CustomizeMii, but I'm not sure. Then it may show up as "Gecko OS" instead of Homebrew Channel or the correct game name.

Custom channels often don't work correctly, but even if it did, it would come up as "Gecko OS" (or whatever you named the channel) in the play logs, regardless of the game that you launch with it.
January 12, 2010 06:56PM
jbc007
SifJar

Custom channels often don't work correctly, but even if it did, it would come up as "Gecko OS" (or whatever you named the channel) in the play logs, regardless of the game that you launch with it.

what do you mean 'often dont work correctly'? afaik any issues are down to the user in all cases
January 12, 2010 07:53PM
I have made a number of custom channels and have had several issues with them. The most common issue has been a banner brick, which happened every time that I modified the banner (maybe I did something wrong, but it wasn't clear what it could have been). However, I haven't tried modifying a banner with Customizemii, so that might not be a problem when using Customizemii.

Also, in data management, the custom channels that I made with Customizemii appear as a gray question mark. Although that is only a minor inconvience.

From a functional standpoint, some of the custom channels that I made with Customizemii have performed oddly. Of course, programs such as MPlayer CE that use additional files on the SD card will require the SD card to be inserted. More significantly, however, some programs (the Brawl+ Updatifier comes to mind) don't work properly when launched from a channel. When my Brawl+ Updatifier channel was launched, the program would start, but it wouldn't download the files or even launch Brawl+. It was completely useless. I had a similar issue with Wii64 (I did have the SD card with the Wii64 files in the wii).

I don't know for sure what causes this issue, but I wonder if it has something to do with the IOS that the channels use. The channels that I made with Customize use IOS 35, but maybe in some cases it needs to be changed to IOS 36. When I get the chance, I'll use FS Toolbox to change the IOS used by the custom channels to IOS 36 and see if that fixes it. I will report back with my results.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2010 07:56PM by jbc007.
January 12, 2010 08:24PM
have you tried placing any required files on the root instead of in the application's folder? also with customizemii bannerbricks can't happen afaik, it was probably the fault of whatever tool you used. what tool did you use?
January 12, 2010 09:08PM
SifJar
have you tried placing any required files on the root instead of in the application's folder?

The files were in the default locations on the SD card. For MPlayer CE, they were in the application's folder and it worked fine. For Wii64, the roms were in SD:\wii64\roms and the saves were in SD:\wii64\saves and it did not work; Wii64 does not require any other files. The Brawl+ Updatifier does not does not use any files except the .dol and the ones that it downloads (which were in the necessary locations on the SD card when it failed to load Brawl+).

SifJar
also with customizemii bannerbricks can't happen afaik, it was probably the fault of whatever tool you used. what tool did you use?

Wadder, which I used before Customizemii was released. I haven't tried modifying banners with Customizemii.
January 12, 2010 11:44PM
WADder 3.0 had bugs which caused banner bricks. Said bugs are not present in CustomizeMii.
January 13, 2010 03:27AM
How does one install custom channels made with customizemii?
January 13, 2010 03:30AM
The program for installing custom channels is often used for piracy, so it is against the rules to explain how to do it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2010 03:30AM by jbc007.
January 13, 2010 03:45AM
Ahh I belive I used that program once before maybe. But would wadimport work? It's on the wiki so I think that would be allowed? Or is it the pirate king's app the only other wad installer I know of out there.
January 13, 2010 03:50AM
wadImport can't install custom channels either, so you have to.
January 13, 2010 03:56AM
I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't quite understand what you mean by "so you have to" I'm just trying to make a MPlayer CE channel forwarder so I don't have to search through all my apps to find it on the HBC
January 13, 2010 03:57AM
Crisco
I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't quite understand what you mean by "so you have to"
I believe he's talking about the king of piracy's app.
January 13, 2010 04:01AM
Ahh okay. Also just so you know I actually refer to him as the king of piracy. After all everything he's ever done just helps piracy.
January 13, 2010 04:15AM
Crisco
Ahh okay. Also just so you know I actually refer to him as the king of piracy. After all everything he's ever done just helps piracy.
Excluding Mii Installer/Extractor. XD
January 13, 2010 04:24AM
Oh and I forgot the savegame apps. But that's the app I'd need?
January 13, 2010 04:29AM
Crisco
Oh and I forgot the savegame apps. But that's the app I'd need?
Not the savegame app. :p

You will need to use the manager of wads. Google is your friend. :)
January 13, 2010 04:40AM
Well I've used it before. But the I had no more use for it. (I was trying out other custom channels but then they became useless)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login