Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gecko OS Rebooter No Copy Protection instead of Save Game Manager

Posted by elmoreas 
Re: Gecko OS Rebooter No Copy Protection instead of Save Game Manager
February 02, 2010 05:59AM
Thats okay this app is a ways off as I still have many saves left to create and a site to build so I can afford to wait for the mod. But if it doesn't happen or won't work it is no big deal as the number of saves it affects is small compared to the total that will be in the app. Thanks for the info though. Have a good one.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas
February 04, 2010 12:07AM
jbc007
If you want to copy the saves now, just install Tona's cIOS and use the origional Save Game Manager. Or install Startpatch or Priiloader. Either of those will be easiest, since they will allow you to copy the saves through the system menu just like those without the no copy flag.
I'd say this, but instead of priiloader/startpatch, use Banana Patcher. Works like the other two, but not permanently installed.
February 16, 2010 04:56PM
Alright guys. My savegame manager mod works, the problem is just that it doesn't display the savegame list on the screen properly. However, you can still navigate with UP DOWN and A and it works just fine. This seems to be an issue of Wanky's insane coding style conflicting with mine. In other words, I need to simplify his stuff or make my stuff look as ugly as his to get things to display properly. Ugh! I've also properly centered my video display stuff, changed the default IOS to load to 36, and fixed a few trivial quirks in the app itself. Hopefully I'll have the whole thing working later today. Wish me luck!
February 19, 2010 02:21AM
I've been hoping for a "real" homebrew save manager for a while... I'm looking forward to trying your mod!

ONE of the save game managers out there actually allowed you to copy saves for games which HADN'T been played on the system -- and it worked. Any idea how they did that?
February 19, 2010 03:59AM
Thanks for the encouragement!

Right now, any IOS with NAND Permissions can extract any savegame. Dop-IOS MOD can patch the NAND Permissions into any IOS. In fact, it even puts them into IOS 36 for those of you take advantage of the "install an IOS that accepts fakesigning" function of the program.

The problem is installing savegames. In order to install a savegame, you need to have the Wii give you special permissions. The only way I've seen these permissions given is using a patched module in the warez IOS this MOD is being made to limit the exclusivity of. I've tried a number of different things to get these permissions set and haven't any luck. So I called up my buds Daco and Lunatik and now we're all working on it together. We still want to try more ways to set these necessary permissions, but if all else fails, we may end up giving Dop-IOS MOD the ability to add the patched module to any IOS. We're doing a lot of research and experimentation to try and prevent things from coming to that though. Not because that last measure would be a bad thing, but because we don't like using other people's work and because we don't want to inconvenience people who have already patched their IOSs.

So, in short, we're still a ways off from getting something ready to release but hopefully I'll have something sooner than later. Thanks for everyone's patience so far :)
February 19, 2010 09:12PM
No worries, I have time to wait for it. Just let us know when you think you have something and I will give it a test for you. Thanks for all your hardwork, I hope you are not doing this just cause I asked for a mod, I would feel very guilty if you were spending so much time on something just cause I said I could not get the regular version to work. Then again I am sure a lot of people would benefit from this as it seems to be a common issue. I am sure I speak for all of them when I say thank you for trying to get us a SGM that will work for us. Best of luck to you, hope you are able to make it do what you want it to without having to make it use the patched module. But whatever works for you works for me. Thanks again. Talk to you later.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas
March 03, 2010 08:16PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login