Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Game genie help in fce ultra not working

Posted by dirtrider73068 
Game genie help in fce ultra not working
February 01, 2010 05:56AM
I have looked all over even searched here, and haven't found much on useing the game genie in fce ultra gx. I have update fce to the latest vrsion and saw it had game genie support, from what I have found is you have to get the game genie rom file which I have and rename it to gg.rom. I have done that. But still no luck there has been talk that you have to use .cht files, and not the game genie codes. I didn't understand the whole .cht file, and the one place to get the .cht files for cheats didn't have much of a list, searching the forums there was a post that somebody tried to make there own .cht files from game genie codes but they wouldn't work in fce. Is there something I am missing or not doing right. Also when I updated fce from 3.0.3 to 3.1.3 I couldn't transfer my saves to the update version even though I just copied and pasted the stuff form the older version.
Re: Game genie help in fce ultra not working
February 01, 2010 07:02PM
Everything you need to know to cheat your ass off on FCE Ultra GX.

[forum.wiibrew.org]
February 02, 2010 03:04AM
You should have a folder named "fceugx" on the root of your Wii SD card. If not create one. In this folder are three other folders; "cheats","saves" and "roms". Into this folder, along side the other three folders, you need to place a file called "gg.rom". This is as the name states the Game Genie Rom("Game Genie (Unl).nes"). Just rename it to "gg.rom" and copy it to "/fceugx/".

I understand this part, but in the updated version of the fce ultragx there wasn't a cheat folder so I created one, put gg.rom in the cheat folder, load fce ultra and go to settings the game genie rom ano not be found. All the rest of that post I didn't understand other than going to the one website for cht files which were pretty limited. Can the gg.rom be used like in the actual nes system to input the codes for the game its running or was that not built into the fce ultra?
February 02, 2010 06:00AM
Read more carefully. gg.rom goes in the fceugx folder. Not the cheats folder located inside of it. And yes the game genie is emulated just like any other cartridge.
February 02, 2010 02:16PM
So you open up the fceugx folder and drop the game genie rom in there? From that point where do you find the gg.rom file to enter the codes for the games?
February 03, 2010 06:51AM
FCEUGX will load gg.rom automatically when you load up a game, and display the screen to enter codes.
February 04, 2010 06:39AM
Well got the game genie figured out then it wouldn't work, I put it in the fce folder, nothing, put it in the rom folder it loaded, but then only showed 1 game in my rom folder! I have way more than one game, no matter what I did it only shows one game. I took everything out of the rom folder, reloaded all my roms, and the gg.rom file as well, and same issue, shows the one same game and game genie rom not found shows up. I am going to try tomorrow to delete the fce app, and go through HBB and redownload it, reload the roms, and game genie and see what happens. Has anybody else found this issue?
February 05, 2010 05:17AM
I still can't it to work right, not matter where I put it at. I had a hard time getting the rom files to show up, after finally deleting the rom folder and just going straight the root of the fce folder then they show up. I still need help with the game genie, i had it going at one point and now can't get it back again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login