Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exception (DSI) Occurred

Posted by BeWop 
Exception (DSI) Occurred
February 01, 2010 07:53AM
Alright, so with about half my homebrew apps such as Homebrew Browser, WiiSX, basically all Homebrew Games, I'm getting this message:

How do I fix it?

Wii System is 4.2.

EDIT: Oh and btw, holymotherwtf at the pirate flash thing. I found that funny. (Forgot to check the box thingy)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2010 07:54AM by BeWop.
Re: Exception (DSI) Occurred
February 01, 2010 07:57AM
Take out any external devices that you have plugged in. AKA, rockband controller, USB Device, GC Memory Card, etc.

BeWop
Oh and btw, holymotherwtf at the pirate flash thing. I found that funny. (Forgot to check the box thingy)
:)
February 01, 2010 07:58AM
So I can't use a usb drive for my homebrew stuff?
February 01, 2010 08:15AM
Not everything will work with a USB drive. Some apps will, though.

Did you try my suggestion?
February 01, 2010 08:55AM
Yeah, the only thing plugged in is the usb drive used for the apps... So just use an sd card?
February 01, 2010 05:36PM
SEE?! I'm not the only one! I'm not crazy! I'm not crazy! Hahahaahaa! I knew it.

... But seriously, I have had similar problems. I shall try taking out the GC controller and memory card, as those are the only things plugged in.

What is interesting is that homebrew had worked before. Do you think this could be attributed (at least in part) to system 4.2? Fascinating stuff.
February 02, 2010 04:03AM
I don't think it's 4.2, as it worked great for a while. It just randomly started doing this when I started getting more apps. My emulators work fine though... it's the homebrew browser and the app games that really have issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2010 04:04AM by BeWop.
February 02, 2010 04:36AM
BeWop
I don't think it's 4.2, as it worked great for a while. It just randomly started doing this when I started getting more apps. My emulators work fine though... it's the homebrew browser and the app games that really have issues.
Have you always been using the same USB drive to load the Homebrew browser/your games?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2010 04:37AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
February 02, 2010 05:53AM
No... and it occurred on both thumb drives. Different brands even.\

EDIT: HOKAY so I fixed it, apparantly usb drives are a nono.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2010 06:48AM by BeWop.
February 10, 2010 05:45AM
UPDATE:

Ok, so I just got this message today. I put everything on a SD card, and it worked until today. I was playing Megaman 64 on Wii64, and had been playing for well over an hour, but then it crashed... right as I was about to save it actually, it was annoying =P

So I'm thinking this was something else.
February 25, 2012 03:44PM
OK all maybe this well help.

I never plug usb drives into my wii nor have I ever. I have the old white wii 4.3u.

My homebrew runs off of SD and has never given me problems. This morning I hooked up wii to my new 60 inch screen for the first time, and also synced my new zelda controller for the first time. About 1 minute into playing Castlevania, I got this same error and had to unplug my Wii.

I went back to using my old controller that always worked and Im still getting the error. So either the zelda controller fkd up my homebrew for good, or my homebrew is having difficulty displaying on my tv. The only other thing I can do is try to hook it up to my old tv to see if it crashes. I it doesnt, then the zelda controller def fudged my homebrew installation.
February 25, 2012 04:00PM
Using a different controller will not cause any permanent difference, it is not that.
The Wii has no idea what screen it is connected to, or even if it is connected. It is not that.

Chances are the app just got corrupted (it happens sometimes). Delete it and download it again.
March 13, 2012 03:30AM
For somereason, any application that contains in its meta.xml seems to crash after 10 seconds of use for me.

Solving the issue was to simply remove that line from all applications i had. Now everything worked fine.

EDIT: Didnt see the date of this thread, but I still think my info may have some use for others experiencing this issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2012 03:31AM by gamax92.
March 13, 2012 05:19AM
gamax92
For somereason, any application that contains <no_ios_reload> in its meta.xml seems to crash after 10 seconds of use for me.

Solving the issue was to simply remove that line from all applications i had. Now everything worked fine.

EDIT: Didnt see the date of this thread, but I still think my info may have some use for others experiencing this issue.

Not really, since that issue has been fixed with HBC 1.1.0.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login