Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lost "acess to files" on Windows...

Posted by AndrewARG 
Lost "acess to files" on Windows...
May 27, 2010 06:58AM
I started using my Back-Up External Hard Drive with GeexBox on my Wii. And now every folder I have ever accessed on GeexBox i can no longer access on my computer. Meaning i can no longer access any of my music or video files. It always says "access denied, you must have authorization"

So i went and looked this up. Turns out that the ownership of the file has moved from 'Andrew' (Me) to S-1-56 .... and a very long number.
And I can not reclaim it. I've gone through the "properties, security, owner/admin" crap. It always says. FAILED. I can not alter, in any way, up to and including deletetion, any file ever accessed on GeexBox.

Any Ideas how to fix it?
Re: Lost "acess to files" on Windows...
May 27, 2010 07:47AM
Strange if it is GeexBox doing that. I'm sure the team would like to know about it.

If you're on Windows Vista UAC makes security a pain in the backside. I've not got windows 7 but I think it's pretty much the same. Could you provide a little more info.

> What Windows OS?
> I presume your "Andrew" account is admin, not user?
> Is you're machine up to date with Service Packs?
> What is the error you're getting when the change security fails?
May 27, 2010 08:10AM
Run chkdsk /r on the drive
May 27, 2010 08:26AM
Windows Vista
Andrew is Admin. (And only user on the system, period)
Windows is up to date
I'm on my phone right now, so I can't double check the fail message... but I think it says 'Unable to process the requested File'

Ever file works on the Wii. So its not like the files are damaged or anything
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login