Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Deleting/Handling Savestates in VBA GX, FCEU GX, SNES GX

Posted by Paperman 
Deleting/Handling Savestates in VBA GX, FCEU GX, SNES GX
June 25, 2010 08:47PM
Hey Guys,

I think it would be great to delete savestates directly in the applications.

I'm saving snapshots at hard situations (Kid Icarus NES, Castlevania NES, Castlevania SNES e.g.)
But after all, I don't need the savestate anymore. Especially if the game has it's own RAM saving system.
So I have to delete the savestates manually on the PC.
This is sometimes really annoying.

Last time I deleted a ram save cause I mixed up the naming of snapshots and rams. This wouldn't happen if I have the chance to delete the savestates directly in the app, because I see which state I want to delete.
I also made a second ram file accidentally (because I used the wrong button) which I had to delete on the pc.
So it would be very very cool if Tantric or anybody else makes an option to delete selfmade states in all 3 applications.

Maybe a button event (minus, plus, button etc) will switch to a file handling system. If u choose a state a new window will pop up where u have the choice between deleting or copying the state or canceling the action. After a security question the savestate will be deleted or copied. With the same button or the b button u can exit the file handling system.
This would be really awesome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2010 09:47PM by Paperman.
Re: Deleting/Handling Savestates in VBA GX, FCEU GX, SNES GX
June 25, 2010 09:58PM
I believe the save states are saved as a separate file in the SD:\\saves folder. Look for something that's not a .SAV file (Those are SRAM, for actual save data) and delete it if you no longer need it. You cannot re-organize.
June 25, 2010 11:10PM
Sure. I know.
I am not angry about losing a state. This can happen.
So I have to play again. ^^

I am just saying it would be more comfortable to delete/copy states in the application. =)
This would make all 3 emulators just perfect (okay there are perfect at all ^^)
June 25, 2010 11:32PM
Well, the only way I know to copy a save state is to load a state and immediately save it to another slot.
June 27, 2010 06:00PM
Of course. But there is still the problem with deleting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login