Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Launcher vs. Homebrew Channel

Posted by Iwatasan 
Homebrew Launcher vs. Homebrew Channel
June 30, 2010 07:24AM
Can anyone set me straight on the differences between Homebrew Launcher v1.0 and Homebrew Channel v1.0.6? Here's what I know so far:

HBL: Much better looking (at least, more Wii-ish) GUI than HBC, but no Wiimote support

HBC: Only lists 4 apps at a time, but has the superior advantage of Wiimote support

I haven't installed HBL because I have HBC, so I'm not too familiar with it. I installed HBC because it's all everybody talks about and I didn't even know about HBL. But it seems like they both have the same purpose--to load Homebrew apps--with the major differences being the GUI and the supported controllers. Am I missing anything else?

I am no coder, that's for sure. But I think a channel that looked like HBL but had Wiimote support like HBC would be ideal. So for those of you who do code, which do you think would be easier: taking HBC and making it look like HBL, or adding the Wiimote functionality of HBC to HBL?
Re: Homebrew Launcher vs. Homebrew Channel
June 30, 2010 08:04AM
Homebrew Launcher is outdated. It is at least a year old. If you've got the Homebrew Channel, that's all you need. You can have the HBC in a grid view, which lets you view just the icons and shows more than 4 at a time.
June 30, 2010 09:19AM
HBL may be out dated, but does the current version of HBC support custom translations, custom skins, or have a GUI that looks like the System Menu? HBL source is available here. Maybe someone can use it to make the HBC look better, huh?
June 30, 2010 09:28AM
The HBC is not open source. I suppose someone could add Wii remote support to HBL though.
June 30, 2010 10:09AM
HBL does support WiiMote AFAIK, just not the motion sensing functionality (i.e. you still use d-pad to navigate etc.)
June 30, 2010 01:16PM
I can't seem to get HBL running on System Menu 4.2... I tried loading it with HBC and with Bannerbomb but I just get a black screen. IOS issue? Anyone know what IOS this uses?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login