Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiMC: Free TV Shows and Movies?

Posted by ICEing 
WiiMC: Free TV Shows and Movies?
July 19, 2010 12:46AM
I was curious. I was looking through the WiiMC online media, and browsed through several things until I came upon a TV Show list (Started watching a little family guy lol) and also a Wii Movie List. I looked through, and saw actual movies that you can select, but when I did, I got an error saying it couldn't load the file.

Is the WiiMC able to play movies from the online media section? Or is this a work in progress and dosent quite work yet? Or did I do something wrong?
Re: WiiMC: Free TV Shows and Movies?
July 19, 2010 07:44PM
I highly doubt WiiMC has built in piracy features.
July 19, 2010 08:17PM
SifJar
I highly doubt WiiMC has built in piracy features.

So that means it should play then right? Because I was in the "Wii Media" section for the movies or whatev
July 19, 2010 09:02PM
No, that means it certainly should not play free TV shows and movies off the internet as you seem to think. It will only play stuff off your SD card/USB device/SMB share AFAIK. Maybe youtube, but thats it. No tv shows and movies.
July 19, 2010 09:10PM
Oh since you had no punctuation in your previous post I thought you meant WiiMC had NO piracy protection, since there was no comma between "doubt" and "WiiMC."

Anyways, it does though. It plays TV shows fine and well in the online media section. It's simply the movies that didn't work and was curious as to why.
July 19, 2010 09:19PM
So wait, it lets you play illegal, pirated TV shows, simply by running it and selecting the correct option?!?

And FYI, my post was punctuated just fine. It says exactly what I intended it to, I highly doubt that WiiMC has built-in piracy features. I said nothing about piracy protection or prevention, I said piracy features i.e. features to pirate stuff.
July 20, 2010 01:40AM
Oh I thought you meant WiiMC DID have anti-piracy.

Well anyways, yeah I just was looking through the online section and found a whole list of tv shows and movies. I been watching Family Guy, and Robot Chicken for awhile. It just wont play the movies.

It has a "Wii Cinema" selection with movies inside.
July 20, 2010 05:34AM
user uploaded perhaps?
July 21, 2010 07:43PM
you are also forgetting that just because it is free doesn't mean it's piracy...

you can watch full episodes of family guy on fox's website.
July 23, 2010 11:14PM
I've also been able to watch full Family Guy episodes on WiiMC. I don't know how or why it works or where it comes from though, as I'm very behind the times when it comes to streaming media, internet radio, podcasts, RSS and that sort of thing. Maybe someone on here could explain how WiiMC's online media player works for those of us less...in-the-know?
July 24, 2010 08:53PM
Iwatasan
I've also been able to watch full Family Guy episodes on WiiMC. I don't know how or why it works or where it comes from though, as I'm very behind the times when it comes to streaming media, internet radio, podcasts, RSS and that sort of thing. Maybe someone on here could explain how WiiMC's online media player works for those of us less...in-the-know?

Yes this
August 11, 2010 07:05PM
Navi-X is on the online media list. That is a host for free movies and tv shows. It could be what you are watching your vids on people.

"If I post anything not allowed, just let me know."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login