Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Homebrew Channel won't connect to network.

Posted by WiseOwlSaysHoot 
Wii Homebrew Channel won't connect to network.
December 23, 2008 06:38AM
I just installed the Homebrew Channel (beta 8 from the DVD iso - my memory card reader isn't working and I'm trying to do everything without an SD card).

Homebrew Channel won't connect to the network. My Wii connects with no problems in other applications.

Any ideas why this is the case?

I'm connected wirelessly to the airport card in my G5. I'm thinking of trying to reconfigure so it's connecting through my wireless router, but that would require me making changes to my whole network. Is it worth a shot?
Re: Wii Homebrew Channel won't connect to network.
December 23, 2008 02:43PM
Update to the latest version of the homebrew channel.
December 23, 2008 05:13PM
Also try to take WiiConnect24 off. I had problem during beta 8 that HBC randomly connected succesfully. Turning WiiConnect24 off fixed it.
December 23, 2008 08:27PM
Thanks for the replies.

I went ahead and switched my network so it's running through the wireless router and it's working now. I was able to update Homebrew Channel over the network.

However, I can't get WiiLoad to work.

I'm using the WiiLoad GUI for OS X.

After I choose the file to send messages pop up saying exported and sent - but then after about a minute or so, there is a report that shows it failed.

I'm trying to send the Homebrew Browser and am sending the boot.dol file.

Is there something I'm missing?
December 23, 2008 09:09PM
Why don't you just put your SD in your computer and put the homebrew browser on that? Sure, it requires a little bit more work on your part, but it works.
December 23, 2008 09:21PM
As I mentioned in my first post, I don't have a functioning memory card reader right now.

I'll probably just go get one, but I'm seeing if I can do this without it.
December 23, 2008 09:33PM
Or, if anyone could possibly help me out with my memory card reader problem - I know this is a long shot.

My last printer, I would just put the memory card into the slot and it would mount on my computer.

My new printer - a Lexmark X4875 will read the card, but won't mount it on the computer.
I can't figure out if there is a way to access the card from the computer.
December 23, 2008 09:34PM
If you have a relatively new computer it should be compatible with your memory card reader. Unless maybe you're using a laptop.

When you say "memory card reader" exactly what do you mean? Are you talking about like an SD adaptor or something?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2008 09:36PM by Arikado.
December 23, 2008 09:47PM
he has an SD card reader "on board" with his printer (for printing pictures through from a camera SD card)
I do the same thing.. using an HP printer.

I would call them up and ask why is won't show the SD card as a storage space on your computer...
December 24, 2008 11:47AM
For your problem with wiiload. Did you stay in the home-menu (that screen where you can see your wii's ip address) when you send data? To HBC to recieve data from wiiload you have to be in application list (Which is most propably just empty window for you, if you don't have any applications)

And for sd-card reading problem: You might use your digital camera as sd-reader. It most propably had usb-cable with it so you can connect it to your PC.
December 25, 2008 12:36AM
I haven't used the OS X wiiload GUI, but make sure you have the right IP and that you're in the HBC (and the HBC's globe is lit up). Also, Homebrew Browser requires a SD card inserted in the Wii to use.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2008 12:36AM by comex.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login