Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii64

Posted by SonicFan49 
Re: Wii64
October 20, 2008 05:12PM
@Arikado

OK, I will try that... But actually I compiled helloworld directly from "templates" folder of devkitPro... Didn't move anything.
Anyway, if this doesn't work, I will install Linux on my PC. :P
Oh, and yes, I'm using PN, sometimes Msys, but none of them works...
October 20, 2008 05:18PM
Yeah, stick with PN. Isn't linux a little extreme

EDIT: Oh. Linux was sarcasm, wasn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2008 05:19PM by Arikado.
October 20, 2008 05:26PM
Arikado
Oh. Linux was sarcasm, wasn't it?

Not really, I'm let my PC at home downloading OpenSUSE. If the crappy (but lovely) Windows don't compile this... (and that's not the first homebrew that I try to compile here. So far I got only devkitPro helloworld and gx templates compiled, hope your method works)

Anyway, I will try anything to compile this stuff, and when I got ya, it's gonna be uploaded...
October 20, 2008 05:50PM
Good luck. I don't have very much time to sit down and compile everything. Thanks for working hard. You're doing everyone here a favor.
October 20, 2008 09:48PM
Man, somebody should make a compiler specifically for Wii homebrew. That way, we wouldn't have this problem.
Also, I just happened to install Linux on my computer yesterday, so I can tell you how to partition your hard drive without loosing any data! Email me (strongfan@fastmail.fm) if you want any help!
October 20, 2008 10:28PM
DanielHueho
Anyway, I will try anything to compile this stuff, and when I got ya, it's gonna be uploaded...

I think the team has asked that people keep their builds to themselves because they work hard to make sure everything is working for a release and they don't want to have to respond to people's bug reports/comments/complaints about issues they're already aware of and just haven't had a chance to fix yet.

strongfan
Man, somebody should make a compiler specifically for Wii homebrew.

I believe they have. You should check out www.devkitpro.org as they've gone and created patches to get lots of standard C code working on the Wii. They've even written a library which offers functionality very similar to that of Nintendo's SDK.
October 21, 2008 02:28AM
Is there any way to find out about the progression of the next version while it is in development?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2008 02:28AM by bobstar89.
October 21, 2008 02:43AM
bobstar89
Is there any way to find out about the progression of the next version while it is in development?

You can see any changes to the code at this page: [code.google.com] it looks like its progressing, but slowly.
October 21, 2008 04:57PM
Last update was fairly recent. I hope both is and wiisx are done soon.
October 21, 2008 08:55PM
caddr
I think the team has asked that people keep their builds to themselves because they work hard to make sure everything is working for a release and they don't want to have to respond to people's bug reports/comments/complaints about issues they're already aware of and just haven't had a chance to fix yet..

OK, but is not anybody who can or know how to complile stuff... But you have a point: annoying n00bs complaining about issues, bugs and yadda-yadda-yadda... It's not really a good thing, but I will try compile at least for myself...

strongfan
Man, somebody should make a compiler specifically for Wii homebrew. That way, we wouldn't have this problem.
Also, I just happened to install Linux on my computer yesterday, so I can tell you how to partition your hard drive without loosing any data! Email me (strongfan@fastmail.fm) if you want any help!

Thanks for offer... But I having another kind of annoying trouble with the install. Technology hates me. :P
October 25, 2008 02:55AM
Thanks Caddr, this will be most helpful
October 28, 2008 03:19AM
I hope it gets done soon, cant wait to play pokemon stadium again!!!
October 28, 2008 04:41PM
I can't wait to play Majora's Mask... or to cheat on n64 games! Either one works.
October 28, 2008 10:05PM
Maybe they'll give us a new release soon, now that the old one isn't compatible with HBC 9.
October 28, 2008 10:52PM
Arikado
Maybe they'll give us a new release soon, now that the old one isn't compatible with HBC 9.

?!? old apps are now not compatible with new hbc versions?
October 29, 2008 04:27PM
@DrLucky
Most of them are no longer compatible (like mine, which I'll be updating soon).
October 29, 2008 04:28PM
Old ELF files are not compatible with the new HBC. Old DOL files are still compatible.
But that doesn't matter. Who would even use the old version of Wii64 anyhow?
October 29, 2008 07:40PM
Hmmm... I tried to run Mario Kart with the old release and... It just too slow!
Hope the new release compatible with HBC comes out soon...
(BTW, did someone bypassed the quest of compilling Wii64? I didn't, and also lose my Lode Sword :P )
October 30, 2008 02:55AM
lol

Hey guys how come the code.google.com page for mupen64gc hasn't been updated in a while? the only update is to the progression of the emulator

And where are the developers? they havent posted on anything besides the progression. How can we contact em or find out if they are reading our problems?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2008 03:18AM by bobstar89.
October 30, 2008 09:19PM
emukidid has a youtube account! You can contact him that way! That's how I did.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login