Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii64

Posted by SonicFan49 
Re: Wii64
January 13, 2010 11:11PM
if your talking about perfect dark try (u) v.1.0 you get to play the simulator but it crashes at the first mission
January 14, 2010 02:15AM
whitedragon
hey sorry i'm new with this form......any of them at that fact and i can't spell very well in english but i speak it and Spanish but you guys where talking about the wii64 emulator and builds for it reading sounds fun on building it how do I get into doing that i'm really great with cpu software and hardware.....well putting them together but it sounds fun
Voy a responder en español ya que es lo que usted habla.
Las versiones de Wii64 en este hilo son de antes de la versión beta de Wii64. Al principio sólo había una versión alfa y que no era muy jugable. Las versiones unnofficial se actualiza a la versión alfa, pero no suficiente para el lanzamiento oficial.
Si usted desea hacer sus propias compilaciones de homebrew de código abierto, entonces tiene que instalar DevkitPro. Esta página debe ayudar.
Lo siento pero mi español no es tan buena como me gustaría, pero espero que usted entienda.
For everyone else:
I'll reply in Spanish since that is what you speak.
The builds of Wii64 in this thread are from before the beta version of Wii64. At first there was only an early alpha version and it was not very playable. The unnofficial versions were updates to the alpha version but not enough for the official release.
If you want to make your own builds of open-source homebrew then you have to install DevkitPro. This page should help.
Sorry but my Spanish is not as good as I would like but I hope you understand.
January 19, 2010 09:02PM
bg4545 [ PM ]
Re: Wii64 new

Quote:
whitedragon
hey sorry i'm new with this form......any of them at that fact and i can't spell very well in english but i speak it and Spanish but you guys where talking about the wii64 emulator and builds for it reading sounds fun on building it how do I get into doing that i'm really great with cpu software and hardware.....well putting them together but it sounds fun

Voy a responder en español ya que es lo que usted habla.
Las versiones de Wii64 en este hilo son de antes de la versión beta de Wii64. Al principio sólo había una versión alfa y que no era muy jugable. Las versiones unnofficial se actualiza a la versión alfa, pero no suficiente para el lanzamiento oficial.
Si usted desea hacer sus propias compilaciones de homebrew de código abierto, entonces tiene que instalar DevkitPro. Esta página debe ayudar.
Lo siento pero mi español no es tan buena como me gustaría, pero espero que usted entienda.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
si gracias pero yo habla en engles bien pues no me tipo en engles adecuada. so you know ok esta visto ok
January 19, 2010 09:05PM
and one mre thing this might sound off topic how do you do that reply box im kinda blond today got up too early:)
January 20, 2010 01:35AM
whitedragon
and one mre thing this might sound off topic how do you do that reply box:)
Click the "Quote" button thats in the bottom right corner of the person's post

whitedragon
m kinda blond today got up too early
:O. I'm offended. JK :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2010 01:35AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
January 29, 2010 10:17PM
WaxyPumpkin72
whitedragon
and one mre thing this might sound off topic how do you do that reply box:)
Click the "Quote" button thats in the bottom right corner of the person's post

whitedragon
m kinda blond today got up too early
:O. I'm offended. JK :)

thanx like this sorry i desided to use this as an example but let jus talk about the wii64 cuz i dont to get into any trouble on this topic. has any one found about any new things in it or any needs of help mabey software help or new releases

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2010 10:18PM by whitedragon.
February 10, 2010 11:23AM
Beta 1.1 looks promising :)

[emulatemii.com]
February 10, 2010 06:11PM
Wow, that's impressive. I wish I could compile it so I could help (there's 6 makefiles?!).
February 15, 2010 10:48PM
I didn;t read 21 pages of text, and I am new here so pardon me if the answers for these two questions are already stated elsewhere.

1) Will Wii64 work on 32GB SDHC Card?
2) Can the roms be in the compressed ZIP format?

Thanks all!
February 15, 2010 11:23PM
Keith_Loving
1) Will Wii64 work on 32GB SDHC Card?
2) Can the roms be in the compressed ZIP format?
1) Yes it should.
2) Yes, I believe so
but next time, just try for yourself..
February 15, 2010 11:36PM
I did try for myself, and it didn't work, that was why I asked....I thought mabe I was doing something wrong. So I was seeking some confirmation here.

I use a 32GB SDHC card, and I am able to start wii64, but when I click to load a rom, it freezes.

My roms are in ZIP format.

Also, I am using the latest available version of Wii64.

When I load a rom Wii64 will freeze and I don't even get to see the Title Screen of the game.

I am able to go thru all of the menus in Wii 64.

So I don't know what the problem is. Any ideas?

Is it freezing because the roms are in ZIP format?
Is it freezing because the roms are placed on an SDHC card?
Is it freezing because I am doing somehting else wrong?

If somebody can tell me what they are using to get the roms to load would be great. I would like to keep the games in ZIP format if at all possible and would like to use my 32GB SDHC card since I paid alof of money for it. Other emulators work on my 32GB SDHC card, so Wii64 should work too, right?

Thanks for the help all. Keith
February 15, 2010 11:44PM
Well if the card works with other homebrew, it should work for Wii64 (as long as Wii64 is, in fact, the latest version [beta 1]).
try unzipping one of the roms to see if that works.
February 16, 2010 12:29AM
Sweet, I unzipped Super Mario 64 and it worked. I guess I need to unzip all of my N64 roms, because none of them works when they are in a ZIP format.

I do have another question.

I have Super Mario 64 up and running right now, it only works with my gamecube controller.

How do I exit the game besides hitting the power power on the console? The wii remote power is still on, but the "Home" button does not seem to be working. Any ideas? thanks
February 16, 2010 12:32AM
The reset button might return you to the HBC, but I'm not sure...
February 16, 2010 12:53AM
Okay, I figured it out:

WIth the gamecube controller:
Press X and Y at the same time to return to the main menu

With the wii remote and nunchuck:
Press 1 and 2 at the same time to return to the main menu

I do have one problem:
None of the other button presses will work on the wii remote and nunchuck....any ideas why?
February 16, 2010 01:15AM
I found the controls here: [wiibrew.org]

But I am not sure why the wii remote and nunchuck button presses do not seem to work. Only the 1 and 2 combo button press seems to work, nothing else. Seems a bit weird. Gamecube controller works 100% though.

Anyone have any ideas why the wii remote and nunchuk are not working? Could it be due to the SDHC card?
February 16, 2010 02:26AM
IIRC there's a setting screen where you have to define what input device you're using. You can't just switch on the fly.
February 16, 2010 04:02AM
Oh, good info to know. I'll need to check out that setting.

Thanks mate!
February 16, 2010 04:30PM
After I unzippded all of my N64 roms, I played a few of them.

Some of the roms gave me a code dump....Crusin' World was one of the roms that gave me a code dump.

According to this site: [emulatemii.com]

it says Crusin World is playable, does this mean that I have a bad rom and should get another rom to replace it? A few other games also gave me code dumps....on the other hand a handful of other games that I tried DO work.

For the roms that give me the code dump, are they bad roms and should I look to get a replacement rom? Will this resolve the problem?

Thanks for your help.
February 16, 2010 04:52PM
I've found the compatibility list to not always be 100% accurate. You could try another ROM if you want but don't count on it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login