Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Visual boy advance gx

Posted by Amxkjau6 
Visual boy advance gx
October 12, 2010 02:16PM
The problem is getting visual boy advance gx to load games. I have the emulator vbagx with .dol file in the apps folder like it is supposed to be and then i have the vbagx/roms+saves (roms and saves are ssperate folders but are in vbagx) in the root of my SD card but when i load up the emulator it says that error opening directories. Then why i try and manually go onto the vbagx folder with the roms in their are no roms in there its just blank how can i fix this. Am on the latest visual boy advance gx and have tried others.
Re: Visual boy advance gx
October 14, 2010 02:13AM
You need to have the following directories on your SD card:

root:\\apps\vbagx (contains program)
root:\\apps\vbagx\roms (contains roms)
root:\\vbagx\saves (contains saves)

I'm not sure why the app demands that the folders be arranged like this.
October 14, 2010 02:23AM
You mean vbagx\roms not apps\vbagx\roms
October 14, 2010 02:28AM
Tantric
You mean vbagx\roms not apps\vbagx\roms

In my personal experience they both have to exist in order for the app not to complain upon startup.
October 14, 2010 02:30AM
Only if you change the default folder from vbagx\roms to something else. As you use the browser the Load Folder follows you so you can really put your roms wherever you want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2010 02:33AM by Tantric.
October 14, 2010 06:35PM
Actually i got you all because their is another way in which both of you haven't mentioned. That is to have the vbag folder in the root of your sd card with the rom files .gba in their. You can do this without creating a roms folder and it still works. So thanks for nothing joke, thank you but it turns out mt sd card was on lock. And it also turns out that you can put the .gba files in any folder if you manually search for the rom. Wow it took me hours to figure this out the installation instructions are really not clear.
October 14, 2010 06:38PM
Oh yea tantric you beat me to it you can put the roms wherever you want only if you search for it manually because for me it said failed to open directory. By the way this is off topic but has anyone played tactics ogre knight of lodis the first few battles seem very slow paced and i can only control one person or a few more does it get better and faster or is the slow element in the game a good thing later because it is a killer at the beginning.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login