Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone here using the latest Wii firmware is able to use savegame backup programs?

Posted by the_importer 
Re: Anyone here using the latest Wii firmware is able to use savegame backup programs?
October 24, 2010 06:31PM
the_importer
DOP-Mii + ABHPROT didn't work, I mean it says it installed it but the save backup programs still don't work after this.

Which revision of which IOS did you install, and which slot did you install it in?

Also, there is a chance that the new wii will not have 4.3. After all, Nintendo has been slow in the past about getting new updates on wiis and games. If it comes with 4.2 or lower, you could try Pussie Loader.

In any case, SaveGame Extracter and Installer should work if you launch them through a different loader such as Loadmii.
Re: Anyone here using the latest Wii firmware is able to use savegame backup programs?
October 24, 2010 10:01PM
pussieloader doesn't need to be run with bannerbomb, does it? That's just for users who don't want to install the HBC.
@jbc007

Here, if picture is worth a thousand words, this this video should cover a novel:

[www.youtube.com]
October 24, 2010 11:21PM
bg4545
pussieloader doesn't need to be run with bannerbomb, does it? That's just for users who don't want to install the HBC.

I'm fairly sure it needs to be run by bannerbomb, so it inherits System Menu permissions. If its run from HBC, those are lost. Unless it has been updated to make use of HW_AHBPROT.
October 24, 2010 11:32PM
the_importer
@jbc007

Here, if picture is worth a thousand words, this this video should cover a novel:

[www.youtube.com]

Then did you actually install IOS 36? That was not in your video.
@jbc007

Well that video was just to show that the initial part doesn't completely work. Yes, installing IOS36 rev1042 does seem to work, but it doesn't change anything, these save backup programs still don't work.
October 25, 2010 06:42AM
I suspect that everything worked correctly (I have not used this latest revision of DOP-Mii myself). Did you install IOS 36 in the usual (IOS 36) slot, or in some other slot (IOS 236, for example)? The video seemed to indicate DOP-Mii showing that you do not have IOS 36 installed; though that might have just been off of the screen. In any case, make v1042 is installed to the IOS 36 slot (you could install it to another slot, but this is pointless). Then, make sure you have SaveGame Manager MOD run on IOS 36 (or what ever IOS slot you installed it to).

If it still does not work, do you get an error or does SaveGame Manager MOD hang?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 06:42AM by jbc007.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login