Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Emulators wont work

Posted by sedla_99 
Re: Emulators wont work
December 28, 2010 04:59PM
I got the same crash messages on the new versions of Genplus GX (1.4.1) and Dosbox (1.5), although there's no "no_ios_reload" line in none of them xml files.

I tried loading them through the last version of HBC (not quite sure if I waited enough time for the network to initialize), I also tried loading them using a forwarder, and a channel, and I had no luck in any case.

The inmediate previous versions of both emulators load and work just fine.

If anyone has any ideas on how to solve this, I'll be grateful

Cheers
December 28, 2010 05:37PM
what i did was head out to wiihacks and got a copy of the boot file some guy created to access usb 2.0. this i replaced with the original in the genplus folder and it fixed my issues. I am not connected to the internet though so I am not sure if this will fix your problem but its worth a shot.
December 28, 2010 06:56PM
Thanks, but the reference you're giving me is kinda vague... Do you remember the post topic, or something like that?
December 28, 2010 07:23PM
There is no "boot file" to copy or usb 2.0 issues to fix.

However, there is apparently still a bug in libogc when connecting classic (and maybe nunchuk also) controller to any wiimote other than the first one. The result is a crash of the application as soon as it initializes the wiimotes (i.e when it starts) or when you connect a controller.
December 28, 2010 08:35PM
That's not my case as I tried to load it only with its original Wiimote, anyway I did not tried to wait until the HBC's network interface is properly initialized before loading it.
Will do tonight to see if that's my problem, or to rule that cause out of my list.
Cheers
December 28, 2010 09:49PM
Ok.
If you could take a screenshot of the exception screen or copy the "stack dump" info, it would help figuring the crash location in the code.
December 28, 2010 10:20PM
Will do
Cheers
December 28, 2010 11:53PM
ekeeke
There is no "boot file" to copy or usb 2.0 issues to fix.

However, there is apparently still a bug in libogc when connecting classic (and maybe nunchuk also) controller to any wiimote other than the first one. The result is a crash of the application as soon as it initializes the wiimotes (i.e when it starts) or when you connect a controller.

This is (hopefully) fixed in libogc 1.8.6
December 29, 2010 11:18AM
Ok, now I'm confident network initialized properly and I still get this crash:

Hope it helps

Cheers
December 29, 2010 01:12PM

Hope it helps

Not completely, I also need the stack dump information, which is at the bottom of the screen.
Anyway, I never experimented an ISI exception before, it seems to be something completely different. When does the crash exactly happen ? Does it always happen or is random ? Are you loading from USB ? SD ?

That said, I can only speak for genplus-gx 1.4.1 so make sure this is this program that you are running.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2010 01:16PM by ekeeke.
December 29, 2010 02:50PM
There's no more than what you're seeing there, no Stack Dump information at the bottom of the screen (I cropped the image just to make it lighter, there was nothing else there).

I'm running the latest HBC version on IOS 58, loading from my 4GB SHDC (also tried it from a 2GB SD), plus my 4.2U Wii is up to date according to the latest version of Pimp My Wii.

This happens everytime I try to load it, I couldn't get in not a single time. I even made a channel with customizemii, and a simple and complex forwarder, and everytime is the same.

I know you speak for Genplus, funny thing is both new versions of Genplus and Dosbox announce USB improvements, which led me to belive IOS 58 could be a part of this mess (but I'm no expert, it's just a hunch), to prove that I'm right I should uninstall IOS 58, reinstall HBC and see how that goes, although I'd like to avoid doing so if it's not really necesary.

Cheers
January 03, 2011 06:15PM
This could be due to an incompatible hard drive or another USB device plugged into the Wii. Try unplugging any USB stuff and booting and see what happens.
January 03, 2011 06:55PM
I happen to have an external USB DVD Drive, a keyboard and a mouse, I'll give it a shot with them unplugged and I'll get back to you on the outcome
Thanks
Cheers
January 04, 2011 01:21PM
Turns out you were right on the money!
I currently have a USB hub, a mouse, a keyboard, and a Samsung DVD Player/Recorder, plugged to my Wii.
I tried unplugging everything and the emulator worked, then I plugged the DVD and CRASH, there we go again. Finally I tried just with the hub, mouse and keyboard and it worked fine again.
So that's the end of it, thanks
Cheers
January 04, 2011 04:10PM
Huh ?
Where did you get the strange idea of connecting USB hub or DVD drive to your Wii ? I don't think any application support that (or I'm missing something ?).

Glad you fixed your issues though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2011 04:10PM by ekeeke.
January 04, 2011 04:37PM
Actually, many of them do support the hub as well as the mouse an keyboard.
It's very useful for Wii Linux, Commodore an DOS emulators, anyhow that was not the problem, it seems the Samsung external DVD Recorder is incompatible with both new versions of Genplus GX and DosBox.
Furthermore since my Wii came with a D3-2 drive is either use an external HDD or an external DVD to play your backups, and I inclined myself for the latter.
Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login