Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

StartPatch question

Posted by lorddunlow 
StartPatch question
November 11, 2010 09:44PM
I have the disc and online update blocks applied via StartPatch 4.2U (latest version on WiiBrew - don't remember the version number off the top of my head). I'm a paranoid kinda guy, so with the last update messages that came to the Wii I am worried. Does the online update patch block the update even if someone were to click on update Wii? Or should I have not even received those messages? I thought about trying it out by clicking it, but I was afraid it would update.

Thanks in advance for any help given
Re: StartPatch question
November 11, 2010 09:50PM
It blocks the update if you were to click "update", that's the whole point of the patch. It won't stop the messages. If you were to click the button, you'd see that it would simply fail to connect to the update server (the way the patch works is it changes the URL of the update server in the System Menu's update routine, so if it tries to connect, it'll try to connect to the wrong place, and hence fail)
November 11, 2010 09:52PM
lorddunlow
I have the disc and online update blocks applied via StartPatch 4.2U (latest version on WiiBrew - don't remember the version number off the top of my head). I'm a paranoid kinda guy, so with the last update messages that came to the Wii I am worried. Does the online update patch block the update even if someone were to click on update Wii? Or should I have not even received those messages? I thought about trying it out by clicking it, but I was afraid it would update.

Thanks in advance for any help given

Even if someone clicks "Update Wii" it will still block the update.

Wiibrew.org
Features of StartPatch

Block Online Updates - Prevents online updates being installed.
November 11, 2010 09:56PM
Thanks for the quick answers. I figured that was how it worked, but when I got the messages way back when it cast doubt in my mind that maybe the patch didn't work for some reason (again, I'm paranoid). The discs don't prompt for an update, so I was worried when the messages came to my Wii.

Now I think I'll get back to debating the ethics of emulators and backup loaders.
November 14, 2010 01:04PM
lorddunlow
Thanks for the quick answers. I figured that was how it worked, but when I got the messages way back when it cast doubt in my mind that maybe the patch didn't work for some reason (again, I'm paranoid). The discs don't prompt for an update, so I was worried when the messages came to my Wii.

Now I think I'll get back to debating the ethics of emulators and backup loaders.

Glad to help! If you have anymore questions just ask.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login