Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DopeWars 1.1 help

Posted by zeveroth 
DopeWars 1.1 help
November 29, 2010 03:53PM
I get a black screen when trying to load up Dopewars v 1.1. Any help would be grateful. I never get a code dump, so that should eliminate the suggestion. It has been happening on both my 4.0u and my 3.2u. In fact, It has never worked on any of my wii's. If anyone else has/had this problem and may know how to fix it, thanks in advance.
I have tried to contact the coder but never receive a msg back.
Re: DopeWars 1.1 help
November 29, 2010 04:53PM
zeveroth
I get a black screen when trying to load up Dopewars v 1.1. Any help would be grateful. I never get a code dump, so that should eliminate the suggestion. It has been happening on both my 4.0u and my 3.2u. In fact, It has never worked on any of my wii's. If anyone else has/had this problem and may know how to fix it, thanks in advance.

Have you tried re-downloading it and putting it on your SD card/USB again.
December 03, 2010 10:24PM
EmeraldFlash
zeveroth

Have you tried re-downloading it and putting it on your SD card/USB again.

Been there and done that. It is the only app I jabe ever had a problem with and I read it is like drug lord for pc, so i really would like to play it.
December 04, 2010 07:36PM
Where are you downloading it from? It should be from here.
December 10, 2010 03:32PM
I was getting it from the homebrew browser. Is there a difference?
December 11, 2010 01:04AM
Not much of a difference... only that you might get a corrupted download with HBB by it being interrupted somehow and telling you it's finished downloading, or HBB crashing mid-download. I've rarely used HBB, but as I recall, it doesn't actually inform you if something went wrong with the download (???).

Try downloading the game from Wiibrew through your PC and manually copying it over to your SD or USB device and see if that works.
December 13, 2010 05:37PM
Still hangs at black screen, yet wiimote doesn't turn off. I suppose after looking taht the late release date of 2008 I suppose it has been abandoned. Thanks. Oh do you think if I poked around in the source I may be able to update the boot.dol for the new homebrew channel? Since the dev hasn't responded to any mail left by me I assume that would be ok, right?
December 18, 2010 03:25PM
Anyone?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login