Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Prophecy - Dark Half: Demo released. What do you think?

Posted by Daid 
The Prophecy - Dark Half: Demo released. What do you think?
December 01, 2010 10:55PM
[ezekielrage.wordpress.com]
[wiibrew.org]

Ezekiel Rage and myself worked hard to get this demo out. Let us know what you think! It's only 1 stage, but there is more waiting to happen.
Re: The Prophecy - Dark Half: Demo released. What do you think?
December 02, 2010 12:24AM
I cant get it to work. It just keeps sending me back to HBC. I presume the problem is that the .zip download just contains pieces for me to shove into an app directory I need to make and I can not guess the correct name of the directory.
December 02, 2010 12:44AM
Glad someone tried it before I did. Saved me a headache. So all I have to say is I wont try it til we know what exactly to do. Give us some useage details please.
December 02, 2010 01:14AM
it does work. just copy teh boot and the pack file into any directory in your app directory. i reccomend using sd(usb) apps/prophecy/boot.dol

simple
December 02, 2010 02:04AM
I did that. And no, any directory does not work. Neither does a directory named prophecy , TheProphecy_Wii , or any other logical directory name I can think of. Furthermore, I can not find any documentation anywhere telling me what the name should be.
December 02, 2010 02:25AM
strange it worked for me. although i had a problem with loading, some graphics seemed to load too slow. i could play the game but only after i waited a while.
i named my directory mirenia.

edit: changed directory name to prophecy. still works. still loads slow (title screen crow cursor only loads after i press a button) but the rest works fine...

edit 2:
ive tried several folders now and all of them are working. i also tried different delete statuses with the files. as long as boot.dol and data.pack are there, it always works for me. same result every single time, it takes a little to load then the crow cursor is missing at the title screen. i press 1 or + adn the crow appears and from there on out its working. i experience some lag, but i guess this is due to my very old SD card.

still, the PC version works perfect for me and until we get word of whats going on, i dont know whats wrong...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2010 02:53AM by j0ker.
December 02, 2010 05:34AM
It didn't work for me either. Could the problem be the system menu, and HBC version. If it helps, I believe I am running 4.1(I forget where to find this out) and my HBC version is 1.0.8
December 02, 2010 12:34PM
DOH, Stupid me. It needs to be put in: /apps/TheProphecy/

That's what I get for releasing late with a headace <_<

Repacking, uploading new version: [www.mediafire.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2010 12:40PM by Daid.
December 02, 2010 02:02PM
Oh, i didn't realy realize that, since i am not at home currently and had o chance of testing the final wii build. Oh well, it is fixed now. I'll update the links on my blog and would apreciate real feedback now. Also, if someone could correct the link on the wiki page, id be very happy :)
December 02, 2010 02:23PM
Yoghurt
Also, if someone could correct the link on the wiki page, id be very happy :)
Duh, way ahead of you ;-)
December 02, 2010 04:35PM
you know me, im slow XD
December 02, 2010 09:57PM
Now it loads and runs fine. It seems really impressive, but it also seems to crash and give me a code dump seemingly randomly. I've been unable to play it all the way through yet. If you send me the elf I can try and get some debug information sent your way if you want.
December 03, 2010 10:55AM
Strange, never had random crashes so far. But the music looping was broken and was a last minute fix so that might be causing the crash.

I'm also still on sysmenu 3.2 with old IOS versions, and using a bit old libogc, could that be the problem?

[www.mediafire.com]
This is the elf file.

(I also play tough the demo stage in less then 3 minutes, maybe that's why it's more rare for me)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2010 10:56AM by Daid.
December 07, 2010 02:05PM
I got a crash on the Wii, finally. Seems like something in the audio system, still investigating this. Looks like it's valgrind time.

We're already working towards the next version with stage 2. Which is about 1.5x as large as stage 1 in just distance you need to travel, with a lot more height action. New tougher enemies, a few fixes, and a fancy new boss to fight.

Stage 2 will be a LOT tougher then stage 1. I can run in about 3 minutes trough stage 1. So far I've not managed to reach the end of stage 2 on high speed yet. And this is without all monsters implemented yet.

We'll also be updating some of the stage 1 monsters a bit, and adding some extras.

And just for laughs, attack of the Mermans:

(Also, there is a hidden mode already included in the demo of stage 1, cookies for the person who manages to find it)
December 08, 2010 05:07AM
Shameless advertising by Daid. Thank you XD
As a matter of fact, we want feedback. What did you like? What did you dislike? Tell us everything.
As for the next version, it will be hard. And long. My fastest time through Stage 2 was 4:37 and thats without the boss fight and with only little to no battles.
There will also be some neat things in Stage 2 and of course more additions to Stage 1.

But let me talk about the game in general here.
The finished game will feature six stages. It will be pretty tough to beat and will take alot of practice.
Each stage will have its own theme and cookies for you to enjoy.
I hide a few homages to other games I like in each stage. There are two in Stage 1.
The next version will feature a working options mode. Options include a full screen mode for PC and a filter mode (smooth/crisp) for wii aswell as adjustable button configuration and switching music on and off.
There will be some dialogue and hints to the reason the game is named the way it is.

As ever, for more information and updates, check [ezekielrage.wordpress.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login