Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gecko OS not working with genuine discs

Posted by SteelSLasher 
Gecko OS not working with genuine discs
December 11, 2010 12:40PM
My friend has a japanese modded wii but this thread has nothing to do with the use of pirated games.

He moved to england a few years and brought his wii with him and would use his copied japanese games and only recently he asked why PAL games dont work.

I told him instructions to set up homebrew and gecko os (1.9.3.1) and he tried it with a PAL disc which came with a no dvd error but if he puts in a copied japanese disc it works fine. Whats weird is that a GENUINE disc fails whereas a copy is working fine.

If the disc was read by gecko then its probably a settings thing but the disc doesnt even get detected, i initially thought he was using a copied PAL disc but he insisted it was genuine.

P.S. I am not asking support for the following: modchips, pirated games, backups, backup loaders etc. I am just inquiring about an incompatibility involving Gecko OS.
Re: Gecko OS not working with genuine discs
December 11, 2010 08:17PM
If anything I assume the modchip is causing Gecko OS to fail. I'm not sure how to get by this though.
December 11, 2010 10:08PM
do you think priiloader with region free hack will work as alternative?

his system menu is either 3.3 or 3.4 as he doesnt have SDHC compatibility and has played mario kart which i believe installs 3.3
December 12, 2010 12:49AM
It's possible but they could also try TinyLoad as well
December 12, 2010 12:59PM
ill get him try tinyload first

EDIT:
Its an elf, will this work???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2010 01:02PM by SteelSLasher.
December 12, 2010 01:30PM
Yeah, it should. Make sure it's "boot.elf"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login