Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Priiloader Password Lockout

Posted by Wii404 
Priiloader Password Lockout
December 22, 2010 11:52PM
When I was over at my friend's house, I set up WiiXplorer for him.

He tried earlier to get a password to work with Priiloader installed on his 4.2U Wii, and he failed because he put .txt at the end of the name, resulting in password.txt.txt. Being the nice friend I am, I deleted the extension with WiiXplorer, and we set up the password on Priiloader.

Now, we didn't know that Priiloader didn't recognize spaces, so now he's locked out of his Wii because he set it to protect autoboot and Priiloader. We can't access the system in any shape or form because it can't use spaces.

Now, here's where the twist comes in. I asked him if would want to try to access Recovery Mode because he could restore the Wii, erasing Priiloader. When I was rambling on I did something to his gamecube controller that made it give spaces. I couldn't replicate it in any way.

So we need help! Thanks ahead of time! How can we do spaces? (Reply needed ASAP) We are on vo.4, if that helps.
Re: Priiloader Password Lockout
December 23, 2010 12:05AM
Priiloader Changelog
Added a password backdoor incase you forgot the password.To change the password temporary to "BackDoor"
press on the Password Screen "1" and then 4 times "2" on the Remote or "Y" and 4 times "X" on GC/Classic.

If that doesn't work, then your only choice as far as I can see is get a SaveMii and a game with 4.3 on it. Dunno if there are any with it or not yet. And note that this may not work, as it was added in v0.5. I am telling you it in the off chance you made a mistake with the version you have installed, and it is actually v0.5.

EDIT: Also, you could try placing any random DOL as "wii_secure.dol" on the root of your SD card and see if it loads. From reading another forum, which I won't link here, that may work. Although I'm not completely sure, it may just be with a particular modded version of priiloader...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2010 12:10AM by SifJar.
December 23, 2010 05:10AM
Before we did this, I checked the version number just in case. It was v0.4. We tried the backdoor, which resulted in a (Password Incorrect- Get Your Hands Off My Wii Message or something).

Would a SaveMiiFrii work? I know how to activate his Gamecube controller to boot Recovery Mode. Would it work before Priiloader? Or would we need a dongle?

I suggested for him to get Metroid: Last M (or whatever it's called) because it has a 4.3U update on it.

Now, with the fact he has MyMenuify themes on, it might brick his Wii in the process if we were to do so. However, if Bootmii were accessable, we could restore his Wii with his NAND Backup. However, he claimed my plan was a 'last resort'.

The only other solution I can think of is replacing the motherboard, which is rather dangerous in itself. He might as well get another Wii if we were to do so.

Finally, would an update to 4.3 with a custom theme activated brick the Wii? He wouldn't have a problem with it if it did (as we've experienced it before, and fixed it with ease).

A fast reply would be appriciated.

EDIT: What would happen if I were to place a random .dol as wii_secure.dol?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2010 05:13AM by Wii404.
December 23, 2010 09:49AM
actually, recovery menu is inaccessible until after priiloader. sorry. i don't think there is anything you can do for this wii, besides a hardware nand reprogrammer
December 23, 2010 10:03PM
Well, how would I do this and what would I need?
December 24, 2010 01:22AM
Today wii fixed it so thank you for your help.
December 24, 2010 11:28AM
Care to explain how for anyone else in this predicament?
December 24, 2010 08:17PM
Sorry, said friend got a hold of my account.

All we did was put WiiXplorer's boot.dol as wii_secure.dol, and put it in the root of the SD Card. It put us at the System Menu, though, so I don't know if that actually helped. We then uninstalled Priiloader, and then reinstalled it.
December 31, 2010 08:40AM
wii_secure is one of the bypass failsafes for the password.

i know im late but there are 2 bypasses to the password incase the password is infact forgotten.

personally i dont like the password tho... (but the community asked for it sooo...)
December 31, 2010 04:31PM
won't keep out anyone who has an idea what they're doing (they'll find this and other information and bypass it). but I reckon it is an OK idea, seeing as there are back doors.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login