Advanced

O2em headache

Posted by TommieG 
O2em headache
December 25, 2010 05:19PM
Hi, my system is:
Red Wii (PAL) 4.3E
Homebrew Channel 1.0.8 running on IOS58 v24.32

Should the O2em emulator be able to run on the above system?
I have tried both from USB and SD but the emulator crashes with a screen dump upon starting.

I have had success with all other emulators I have tried, either from USB or SD, but this one gives me a headache, as I'm dying to play those crappy Videopac games from my distant childhood again! So I'm starting to wonder if it won't run on the above system...

Merry Christmas!
Tom
Re: O2em headache
January 07, 2011 03:53AM
Hello,

I think I know what your problem is. I was beating my head against the wall for three days. I bet your roms are zip files. I know the directions say you can use them but you cant. open the zip files and extract the .bin file put those in your rom folder and it should work. It did for me. Now the only problem I have is trying to figure out why the wii controller doesnt work on games like pick axe pete or kc munchkin. These games are primarily why I wanted to run this emulator. If you figure it out if you get yours running let me know. Maybe I just need a classic controller. Hope this helps

Breece

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2011 04:53AM by Breece.
January 08, 2011 11:21PM
Thanks Breece, that did the trick!
Regarding the controls of some games.... I have tried kc munchkin (one of my old time favorites, too) among others, and found the same as you, they can't be controlled neither by the wiimote, nun, classic pro or my gc controller.... Others, like frogger worked fine.

Tom
January 09, 2011 04:55AM
Hello Tom,

I figured it out. when you first start it says joypad at the top and a number 1 is displayed. At this point press the + button and it will change to a number 2. Now start the game and it should work. This is true for all other games. I hope this helps,

Breece
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login