Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

question?

Posted by supermegamanxl 
question?
December 28, 2010 04:47PM
please do not deleat my account because i am not sure if this cross the boarder. on Wii64 i have jetforce geminin ligitly but it had the normal file .z64 but it has a lot more file that have a name (ex jetforce gemini (f1)U.z64 what are they
Re: question?
December 28, 2010 06:30PM
I don't know what the (f1) is(maybe a revision number?), but the U means that the game is the USA version of the game.
December 28, 2010 10:26PM
Probably you are using a 7z compressed file which contains all the different existing dumps of that game. All those other .z64 files you see are just different dumps from the same game. Generally you can find hacked versions, translated versions, versions enhanced to run in emulator, and bad dumps.

What does not fit here is that you have all those versions when you said you obtained your z64 ROM legitly...
January 01, 2011 06:49PM
i was just being safe because i was not sure i was curious because at one part of the game it runs but you can't see because u use night vision just curiouse
January 02, 2011 04:38AM
supermegamanxl
i was just being safe because i was not sure i was curious because at one part of the game it runs but you can't see because u use night vision just curiouse

... What?
January 02, 2011 01:47PM
supermegamanxl

I don't understand what you were trying to be safe about if in your first post you've already contradicted yourself. Regarding the pack of ROMs you got, the [f] code stands for "Fixed", as in... the game was modified in a way so that it would run better on certain emulators, or on it's actual platform through the use of copiers.

You most likely cannot see what's going on in Lupus' mission (the one that requires night goggles) because of an issue with the emulator. If you came here to make note of that, then all I have to say is that you'll have to wait until the emulator is better improved. I haven't played through JFG on Wii64 because I have the original game and an N64, and I really don't wanna go through the pain of playing the game on that emulator with all it's glitchy laggy glory (no offense Wii64 team, heh).

As a matter of fact, you might have better luck trying out those different ROM versions, if you can find out on the net if which one of those versions (if any) was modified so that it'd run on better on it's PC counterpart, Mupen64.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login