Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Priiloader installed I think but can't figure how to load it

Posted by alovingmommyof3 
Priiloader installed I think but can't figure how to load it
January 20, 2011 02:43AM
It says success kind of but can't find two files to delete. I can't say more because the screen goes back to the HBC before I have a chance to read it. I found the latest prii loader. I load it from the HBC and install it. Now how do I run it? I want to use it to fix some issues that keep me coming back here for help. My wii keeps forcing me to update and causing me all kinds of issues. I search and search and spend at least 10 hours per issue which is getting annoying. When I find some guides they are outdated (stupid tech keeps changing too fast...but is good to have new tech). Please help me figure out how to get priloader started so I can fix some things. I hope I don't get into trouble again with this post. I read the red stuff, but am not too bright I guess because I don't completely know what I can and can not say.
Re: Priiloader installed I think but can't figure how to load it
January 20, 2011 04:45AM
First of all, your Wii will never force you to update.
If you have installed Priiloader then you can access it by holding the Reset button on your Wii while turning it on.
January 20, 2011 04:54AM
I tried holding reset while turning on my wii. All that seems to do is allow it to boot the the wii menu rather than bootmii. I should have stated that in my original post, sorry about that. Sometimes my wii won't allow me to play a regular disc without doing the update. Or I can't access the shop channel without an update. So it doesn't really force me, but it makes my life a pain in the rear.

Once I download priiloader and extract it, I get a whole bunch of files and two folders I think. I thought I knew what to do with them all, but maybe I did it wrong. Can someone tell me what I should have done? Is there a guide somewhere for how to install and use the newest version of priiloader?
January 20, 2011 05:00AM
If you have the latest version of the Homebrew Channel (1.0.8 as of right now) then you can perform the official update safely (via your discs or online). That way it won't ask you to update and you can use the Shop Channel.

With Priiloader you just copy the 2 folders to your SD card then run the installer from the Homebrew Channel. I suggest you read the "ReadMeh.txt" file included. I'm not sure why you're installing Priiloader since you already have BootMii though?
January 20, 2011 05:17AM
I want my wii to quit bugging me to do updates in order to play games or go to shop channel. The last update caused issues I am not allowed to discuss here. It didn't delete my homebrew channel but caused other issues. I read somewhere that priiloader can make it so I can tell my wii not to update.

I am not savvy about all of this. I did homebrew channel back in the summer and forgot much of what I did. In order to fix my other issues I can't discuss I had to go through some of the process again and had a hard time finding out how to fix it because not many have the same issue I did.
January 20, 2011 05:20AM
Oh yeah, Priiloader does do that. It won't fix the Shop Channel but it will skip disc updates. Once you install Priiloader you can use it to apply hacks to the system menu.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login