Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiSX won't load games from USB.

Posted by ThePalmtopTiger 
WiiSX won't load games from USB.
January 29, 2011 04:39AM
I have all of my homebrew loaded on to my external hard drive (FAT32) and all the apps can be executed flawlessly through Homebrew Channel. Although WiiSX itself loads fine, it fails to find any games. The exact message is : "Error opening directory : 'USB/Wiisx/isos'" Does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it? Loading the games to my SD card isn't really an option because it's loaded with my N64 games(oddly enough I get a similar error with Wii64.) (Also, please note that all of my games have been obtained through legal methods.)
Re: WiiSX won't load games from USB.
February 24, 2011 05:15PM
How do I put Games in here, I put my PS1 game Tombraider in the Wii but it dosent read it???
February 25, 2011 12:05AM
The Wii drive can't read PS1 games (or any CD's). You need to use your computer to rip the game to an image and then put that on a storage device. I'm not sure about the format WiiSX wants so someone else can come in with that.

To the OP:
WiiSX doesn't have USB support AFAIK, so you'll have to wait for the next release.
February 26, 2011 07:34PM
ThePalmtopTiger
I have all of my homebrew loaded on to my external hard drive (FAT32) and all the apps can be executed flawlessly through Homebrew Channel. Although WiiSX itself loads fine, it fails to find any games. The exact message is : "Error opening directory : 'USB/Wiisx/isos'" Does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it

Okay so, I found out that I had the source to WiiSX on my drive this morning and decided to get the latest update and compile it. I just tested it a little while ago and it was able to read my old USB drive and load a game, so I guess it just needed to be recompiled with the latest SVN build of libogc.

If you want, send me a PM and I'll give you this compiled version so you can see if it works for you. I'm willing to hand it out to anyone else who wants to test it.
May 13, 2011 05:17AM
I tried to PM you about this but you didn't answer. I would LOVE to have this build and the instructions to make the USB drive work. I have a working drive with warez but I can't get the emulator to recognize the drive. Any help is appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2011 06:55AM by bg4545.
May 13, 2011 06:57AM
WiiSX needs to be recompiled. We don't support USB loaders so don't mention them again.
May 13, 2011 08:40AM
I just recompiled WiiSX Beta 2.1 if anyone would like to try it:
[wiisixtyfour.webs.com]
Haven't tested it myself but it should work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2011 09:28AM by bg4545.
May 16, 2011 07:23PM
bg4545
I just recompiled WiiSX Beta 2.1 if anyone would like to try it:
[wiisixtyfour.webs.com]
Haven't tested it myself but it should work.

It works perfectly. Would you consider doing a recompile for wii64 with usb support?
May 16, 2011 09:35PM
May 16, 2011 10:20PM
It seems Extrems beat me to it, but if you want more than the boot.dol then you can get mine here:
[wiisixtyfour.webs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2011 10:36PM by bg4545.
March 15, 2012 03:45AM
i know im about a year late but i would really love to get a new link for that i cant find it off this one :(
please help me, the ps1 was the first game console i ever played and i wanna get some of my favourite games of it again :D
my sd cant hold the files they are too large sooo please compile them or watever i dont really know wht it is so...
March 15, 2012 04:19AM
My link was moved to here: [sites.google.com]
March 26, 2012 05:45AM
I downloaded the link, but what does it do? I tried replacing it with the other one but nothing worked. The main thing I'm trying to do is get the PSX games to work from my USB. Every time I try it, I get the same message (Error opening directory : 'USB/Wiisx/isos'). I can't fit the games on my SD card and people have said that using DVDs doesn't work. How can I get the games to work from my USB? And, if they in fact can be played from DVDs, how can I do this (I would prefer this way but I've read that it doesn't work)?
March 26, 2012 09:11PM
bg4545
My link was moved to here: [sites.google.com]

My above post.
March 26, 2012 09:50PM
No need to double-post.
Make sure your USB drive is formatted as FAT32 and that your ISO files are in the right folder.
March 27, 2012 04:09AM
bg4545
No need to double-post.
Make sure your USB drive is formatted as FAT32 and that your ISO files are in the right folder.

Do DVDs work or no?

And do I download the beta or the other one?
March 27, 2012 04:13AM
No DVDs don't work on current systems.
Yes, download the beta one here: [sites.google.com] (the other file is just the source code).
March 27, 2012 04:24AM
bg4545
No DVDs don't work on current systems.
Yes, download the beta one here: [sites.google.com] (the other file is just the source code).

I got it to work, thanks. DVDs work on uLoader though, right? I'm pretty sure they do.
March 27, 2012 04:36AM
uLoader is a Wii "backup" loader. Backup loaders are against the rules here so don't mention them again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login