Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

vbaGX graphics error

Posted by technoman 
vbaGX graphics error
March 07, 2011 10:56PM
I have a problem with my Game and Watch Gallery and Donkey Kong Land roms. They play like I plugged it into the SNES with that link thingy. I don't want it to do that as I'd rather emulate it like on the original Gameboy. Please help!
Re: vbaGX graphics error
March 08, 2011 12:04PM
You mean, they are colored and you don't want them to be?
IF so, then you can go to options -> game settings and deactivate the GB mono colorization.
March 09, 2011 12:56AM
I already tried that and for some reason it doesn't work.
March 09, 2011 12:43PM
Hm, you could try to check SD -> apps -> vbagx -> settings.xml and see if there really is a "0" for colorization and no "1".

And even if it is a long shot, maybe deleting settings.xml and palettes.xml might work. I once had a problem with SNES9x GX suddenly from one day to the other freezing while attempting to load a game. Back then, I hadn't changed anything in my settings, but deleting settings.xml helped.
March 09, 2011 04:40PM
Colorization is not the same as "SuperGB" colors, which seems to be what you're having. I don't know the settings of vbaGX, but SGB,SuperGB,SuperGameboy support is what should be disabled.

If it isn't then you could disable SGB support on the rom. You'll need a HEX editor, and edit byte 0x0146, change it from 0x03 to 0x00 to disable SGB support.
March 09, 2011 05:25PM
Sorry, but this is new to me, so I am interested.... SGB colors are possible in VBA GX? Or are there "specific SGB-only" games?
March 09, 2011 08:44PM
There is no option to disable SGB support in VBAGX.
March 09, 2011 10:15PM
aufgreifen
Sorry, but this is new to me, so I am interested.... SGB colors are possible in VBA GX? Or are there "specific SGB-only" games?
There are SGB "enabled" games, that do special stuff on the SGB, like a large border around the screen.

Pokemon red&blue are good examples. They are black&white on a normal gameboy, "lame" colored on a gameboy color, but have fancy colors on the SGB.
Zelda DX is another example, it has the SGB border, but it's also a GBC game, so most emulators emulate the gameboy color colors, but also show the SGB border.
March 10, 2011 07:04PM
Tantric
There is no option to disable SGB support in VBAGX
Shit that sucks! Could you maybe put that in the new release? Or even program in a LCD background like on bgb?
As for you Daid I have no clue how to program or do anything you suggested.
March 11, 2011 12:36PM
technoman
As for you Daid I have no clue how to program or do anything you suggested.
It's not that hard.
Download: [www.handshake.de]
Select open, and choose the ROM you want to 'fix'.
You should see something like this:
[www.chmaas.handshake.de]
Select the cell 0x0146, the contents should be "03", when you have the right cell selected it should show "Adr. hex: 146" in the lower left corner.
Change the content from "03" to "00".
Save the file.
Enjoy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login