Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mame Freezes up on me

Posted by Adders 
Mame Freezes up on me
January 01, 2009 03:56PM
HI all

I have a unchipped wii running homebrew that is not connected to the net.... I have downloaded SDLMame for it...I would like to play some old games for it ( I am trying to play shinobi )when the emu is running all seems fine untill I load a game.. The games opening screen comes on then it crashes... Can any one help me....

One more thing I am not computer minded so forgive me if I ask about the jargon

Thanks Adders
Re: Mame Freezes up on me
January 01, 2009 06:56PM
SDLMame for Wii is kinda of a disaster... It's based on a old version of Wii Linux, it doesn't work really well with SD cards, resulting in big loading times, it's buggy... But OK, you didn't asked that =P

Maybe is some corrupted file, or your SD card is not well formatted. Also, be sure you disabled WiiConnect 24, even if you don't have a internet connection.
January 02, 2009 01:44AM
Are you sure it froze up? It can take over half an hour for some games to load. Let it sit for a while and see if anything happens. Actually, my best advice for MAME on Wii: don't. It's not worth it, wait for a real port.
January 04, 2009 05:36AM
SDLMAME is not that bad.... the biggest problem is the load times and that it only works for smallish roms..... but apart from that the games that do start...run well.... I'm glad someone made it....it means i can play some classic arcade on the wii

that's my opinion
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login