Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DVDx, Errr where am i going wrong,

Posted by mrrcorn 
DVDx, Errr where am i going wrong,
January 01, 2009 07:40PM
I would like to start off by saying Thanks to the WiiBrew and homebrew for making this possable.

This Topic DID NOT cover this as all. lol

I have Homebrew installed Via twilight hack and have tryed to use the DVDx that is ment to work with the 3.4 Ver,

I have 3.4u UK.

I have started the installation of the PatchMii and it downloads loads of stuff, then it returns to the Homebrew channel I then goto the DVDx and select the third option and i get a BLANK screen after it tells me to install the PatchMii again.

I'm lost, All i want to do is load MP3's from my DVD area.

Please repond with NICE answers I a little Knoob with Wii and what's there, PS (OFF TOPIC) I have the Amiga emulator and it doesn't seem to work. PM me with this answer please.
Re: DVDx, Errr where am i going wrong,
January 01, 2009 08:43PM
I'm having the exact same problem :(
January 01, 2009 10:13PM
You cant install patchmii (or any other cIOS for that matter) on 3.4 If you're having problems with the 3.4 dvdx please go here: The "official" topic for it. Also realize that twiizers (who originally made dvdx) have not created, supported, nor have they even approved this version of dvdx.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2009 10:17PM by Arikado.
January 01, 2009 10:21PM
Yeah, you didn't do anything wrong, the installer just no longer works. Basically, in order to avoid copying marcan's stuff, the installer downloaded DVDX on the fly from hackmii. marcan didn't like this, so he changed the download (compressed it with dollz, actually-- he has a sense of humor) for the purpose of disabling the installer. In my code I had the following check:
    if(crc != 0x5c611ceb) {
        printf("File invalid\n");
    }
See, I did a nice CRC check. I just forgot to actually do something with it. So instead of an error you get a black screen.

Therefore, due to marcan, it will now always freeze for everyone.

Updates on the matter coming soon.
January 02, 2009 02:41AM
Any word yet on the update for the dvdx ?
January 02, 2009 06:19PM
any reason why team Twiizers "doesn't like" your DVDx installer for 3.4?
January 03, 2009 05:44PM
/\
/\
/\
I was exactly thinking about that.
How exactly notdvdx worked? How was installed?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login