Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Snes9x "Unsupported IOS"

Posted by Daid 
Snes9x "Unsupported IOS"
May 13, 2011 01:59PM
I recently upgraded all my emulators (I was running very old versions). And now most of them start with an "unsupported IOS" message. The emulator still runs fine, but I was wondering what's causing this message and how to get rid of it.

I'm still on system menu 3.4E, so that might be related?
Re: Snes9x "Unsupported IOS"
May 13, 2011 10:14PM
It might be you system menu. If you have emulator or homebrew channels, remove them all and update to sys menu 4.3. Then just reload with smash stack or the other methods (Bannerbomb won't work above 4.2!) and it should work.
May 14, 2011 12:00AM
I believe it means it is running on an IOS that is NOT IOS58. Run this: [wiibrew.org] then reinstall HBC so that it uses IOS58, and then the emulators should run smoothly - the "problem" is that these emulators do not reload the IOS, so as to retain HW_AHBPROT flags and also to use IOS58 (default IOS for HBC where possible) so as to have USB2.0 support without any patched IOS. If HBC isn't running on IOS58, the emulators can't use USB2.0, and as Tantric (I am assuming you are referring to his emulators) feels this is the best method, IOS58 is the only officially supported IOS AFAIK.
May 14, 2011 09:12AM
technoman
It might be you system menu. If you have emulator or homebrew channels, remove them all and update to sys menu 4.3. Then just reload with smash stack or the other methods (Bannerbomb won't work above 4.2!) and it should work.
Taking the off chance that Smash stack won't work, no thanks.

I installed IOS 58 using DOP-Mii, and now the message is gone. Thx SifJar (didn't need to reinstall HBC, I don't think the emulators use HW_AHBPROT, only the new USB module contained in IOS 58)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2011 09:13AM by Daid.
May 14, 2011 12:48PM
the emulators only use ahbprot for accessing the DVD drive. if youre not burning discs with roms on them, then the ahbprot stuff is not needed. and if you care about it, you can remove the "no_iso_reload/" tag from the meta.xml and the IOS will be restarted before the emulator gets it, instead of using it in whatever state it happens to be in when the emulator is loaded.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2011 12:51PM by giantpune.
May 14, 2011 01:34PM
Must be absent by default if the emulator loads IOS58 without HBC running on IOS58. Anyway, glad you got it to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login