Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Probably some bad ideas...

Posted by master5o1 
Probably some bad ideas...
January 03, 2009 02:23AM
I just want to share them.

For the Homebrew Channel:

* Integrate the Homebrew Browser (as a button like the USBGecko and Internet buttons)
* A LibPurple client front end.
* A Web browser.

For the Wii Linux stuff:

* A HBC-based installer for the latest distro (not just Whiite).

Also, I'm on Wii Menu version 3.3E and I can't get the DVDx to work.
Re: Probably some bad ideas...
January 03, 2009 03:50AM
What do you mean "integrate"?

But a web browser is supposedly in development, WiiSurf, by WiiCracker. Alternatively, you can get the internet channel from nintendo if you can't wait.

What happens when you try to install DVDx?
January 04, 2009 06:30AM
Well you see, It came up with one of those errors to which I cannot remember. I just upgraded to 3.4e so that I could see whether the DVDx for 3.4 would work but I don't think it has.

By integrate I think that the HBB shouldn't be in the channel area buttons but be a small square icon beside the Network/Internet and USBGecko buttons on the bottom right. Obviously this would be a TT decision since (AFAIK) the HBC is closed source.

I suppose that it would be nice to have multiple apps open at a time..say, a music player open while the web browser / im client is open....:P
January 04, 2009 04:29PM
/\
/\
/\
You mean multi-threading. The only way to do that in Wii (in user level) is running Linux or abandoning your life for a while and get coding =P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2009 04:35PM by DanielHueho.
January 06, 2009 02:14PM
Oh right... well then... I suppose when we have a nice WiiLinux which is "easy" to install then it will be on the Wii Menu like the HBC is.
January 06, 2009 02:15PM
Oh crap. This thread makes me sound like all of those people I hate all over the Internet.

I suppose everyone has their moments...
January 11, 2009 11:03AM
It would be interesting to see a libpurple client frontend on the Wii, but there's always Meebo which uses libpurple and you can access through the internet channel. I actually had to do that for a while when I was living at someone else's house and their internet was down so I had to "borrow" the neighbor's wifi with my Wii. I did give it back tho ;). I think the other Wii Linux distros will come to a more easily installed form in time. I don't think they would ever integrate the homebrew browser since they don't make it, but it might be nice if they put it in the apps package that they have on the HBC site.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login