Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Snes9xGX SNES Classic Controller Issue

Posted by Robin64 
Snes9xGX SNES Classic Controller Issue
August 07, 2011 01:41PM
I understand that certain third-party Classic Controllers aren't supported, but this is an official one supplied by Nintendo. Its the European version of the Super Famicom Classic Controller that was available via the stars program in Japan, ours was acquired in the same way.

[retroconsoles.net]

But the issue is not that it doesn't work, it's that it does work but for about ten minutes. It will suddenly go dead, but the Wii Remote is still blue and can bring up the Snes9xGX menu. Unplugging and plugging the SNES Classic Controller back in makes it work for about five more minutes before crashing. Doing the same then gives two or three minutes.. You can see where this is going..

For reference I've tried this in both 4.2.4 and 4.2.8.
Re: Snes9xGX SNES Classic Controller Issue
August 07, 2011 07:34PM
Is the Wiimote an actual wiimote or a 3rd party wiimote that you are connecting the european classic controller into? It's worth seeing if you get the same issues occur if you use a ordinary wii classic controller sold here in the U.S. You may be able to narrow down the cause and then if need me look into configurations. From the sounds of it I would say you're dealing with strictly a hardware issue vs. configuration.
Re: Snes9xGX SNES Classic Controller Issue
August 08, 2011 09:46AM
Apologies if I wasn't clear, but I am also from Europe. UK to be exact.

My Wiimote is the one that came with the launch Wii, and that itself isn't disconnecting when this happens. I'm still able to press the Home button, bring up the menu, point, etc.

But what I find odd is how the SNES Classic Controller will work for a while then just stop. Logically it should either work or not work from the get-go. I don't have a normal Classic Controller to test, though.

Isn't there an app that will find the ID of my controller? Then it could be checked if that ID is listed in the emulator's code or if it's just thinking it's a regular Classic Controller.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login