Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

US v24

Posted by celzen 
US v24
January 03, 2009 06:53PM
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. We just got a Wii for the kids this Christmas, and we have just got our hands on a Legends of Zelda game. Installing the hack, the system said that is has not been tested on any versions higher than US v22, but that mine is v24. I proceeded, and the HomeBrew channel installed just fine.

The problem comes from installing games. It seems the only game I have been able to get to operate is WiiShootingGallery. The other games all say that they are not a Wii Game when I try to load them from the SD card or from "Send Elf" over my network.

Is it because of the v24 support? If so, are there any plans for this in the future?

I have to admit that I did do an update over the internet during the system setup. Well before I found HomeBrew.

Happy New Year.
Re: US v24
January 03, 2009 06:59PM
If the boot file is .elf, that could be the problem. Try a few .dol files just to test; Pong for instance. If that works, you could probably convert your .elfs with this and work fine.

Happy New Year to you as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2009 06:59PM by SwiftFinch.
Re: US v24
January 03, 2009 07:46PM
Its always nice to see someone playing my Wii Shooting Gallery :) Anyways, like the guy above me said, the apps that arent working, arent working because they're elfs. Convert them to dols yourself or contact their developers to do so.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login