Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Karaokii support

Posted by punkydudester 
Karaokii support
September 19, 2011 01:15AM
Can Karaokii work on USB? I have the Disney Sing-it microphone but it doesn't seem to work on it. Is there a certain microphone to use? I've tried both ports on the back. It works for other games so I figured it would be compatible.
Re: Karaokii support
September 19, 2011 03:52AM
[url=http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Karaokii
Karaokii - WiiBrew[/url]]Sorry about no voice recognizing by the moment ;), there are no microphone libraries yet.
Karaokii doesn't use microphones. Also, just because the microphone works in games doesn't mean it works in homebrew. Support for it has to be added in the app by the developer.
September 19, 2011 07:57AM
I read the whole thing & thought that meant it didn't recognize what was being said not that you couldn't use a microphone on it. So I'm confused. Exactly how are you supposed to use this application? Not trying to be rude but I thought it was just like a regular karaoke game & you can hear your voice over the music with a microphone. Isn't that what karaoke is? The supposed cover has 2 microphones in it so I thought it used a microphone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2011 09:53AM by punkydudester.
September 19, 2011 10:10AM
I'm pretty sure it's like karaoke in the fact that it will display the lyrics for the song but as I said there's no microphone support because there aren't any coding libraries for that. I've never used the app do I don't really know for sure.
September 20, 2011 05:36AM
bg4545
I'm pretty sure it's like karaoke in the fact that it will display the lyrics for the song but as I said there's no microphone support because there aren't any coding libraries for that.

Actually, there is: [wiibrew.org]
September 20, 2011 07:21AM
tueidj
Actually, there is: [wiibrew.org]
I see, but there still wasn't at the time Karaokii was made.
September 23, 2011 07:45AM
I wonder is Pedrocrespo knows. That sucks his HDD broke. I couldn't find this app in the menu of applications. Thanks bg4545. How do you think I could make Karaokii use this?
September 24, 2011 02:35AM
Unless you can find the source code somehow or ask pedrocrespo for help to recreate it, you'd have to start from scratch to create a similar app which supports the microphone.
September 27, 2011 12:14AM
Thanks bg4545. I emailed pedrocrespo about the Wii_MIC & he said he didn't know it existed especially since it's not in the list. He also says he is going to finish this project now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login