Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

STILL LOOKING: CODER NEEDED! Game almost finished! I can pay you!

Posted by Yoghurt 
STILL LOOKING: CODER NEEDED! Game almost finished! I can pay you!
September 30, 2011 03:03AM
So basically i repeat here what i have in the request forums but since the homebrew already exists, i think i can post this here? anyway, Do you know this: [www.youtube.com] ?

Because I would need another coder for that since Daid is unfortunately not able to finish it due to time problems.
Most of the game is done thankfully. Just drop me a line please :)

EDIT: Since I found no-one to help me finish a 75% done game, i figured maybe some cash helps. I dont have a lot, but i am willing to give you what I have if you help me...

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2011 07:54PM by Yoghurt.
Re: The Prophecy (Castlevania Clone) needs a new coder!
September 30, 2011 06:53AM
So, what needs to be done? What would the new coder be in charge of?
Re: The Prophecy (Castlevania Clone) needs a new coder!
October 01, 2011 01:15AM
adding the remaining bosses (4 and a second stage of the last boss), connecting the stages with the correct level sequence, add two or three enemies. then the game BASICALLY is done.

what would be left for the final touches are cutscenes (a few are already in place) and bugfixing/polishing. cutscenes i have been told require the most work so tehy come second to last.

as of now, every stage is fully playable and finishable (sans bosses) and the gameplay is done and works flawlessy. saving and loading is alos already implemented, so are most enemies and traps, the music, most sound effects. as said, most of the game is done :)
Re: Please anyone: The Prophecy (Castlevania Clone) needs a new coder!
November 09, 2011 12:33AM
I am still looking people!
Re: PAID WORK! The Prophecy (Castlevania Clone) needs a new coder!
November 13, 2011 10:30PM
Paid work? I figure if you want to finish this game so badly, why don't you learn programming? You seem to be a good game designer and if you could be an equally good programmer, you could start finalizing this game yourself (after a couple of months/weeks of practice). And in addition, you seem to be in an optimal position to start learning now, considering you have a half done, well written game in your hands. I couldn't imagine a better motivation.

Also, by the way, what is your age?
November 14, 2011 04:43PM
@profetylen if you knew anything about programming and graphic design you would not have asked such a silly question.

I wish I could help out but I am seriously not that advanced in the programming on the wii. Maybe you will have to look outside of the wii homebrew community for C/C++ talent. Of course they need time to get accustomed to devkitpro and the wii but if they are willing and (already excellent C programmers) then it won't be a problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2011 04:51PM by owen.
November 15, 2011 11:42AM
I am 27 and I do game design for years now. Its not that I havent tryied to elarn how to program, I just cant wrap my mind around it. Some people cant learn how to dance, sing or write poems, I cant learn how to program, simple as that.
What I am also not good at is social networking. I always have a hard time finding programmers for everything so this is not news to me.
Still, my offer stands. i need this game to be finished. it is some sort of inner demon XD
November 17, 2011 02:03PM
@owen:

Which question? "Paid work?" or "What is your age?" and in what way was it silly?

Also, if Yoghurt finds a programmer outside of the community, there should be required only very little or no time for him to get accustomed to devkitpro since (IIRC) The Prophecy is written in SDL (which a lot of graphic designers (and programmers in general) know inside out). That said, said person could finish the game for the PC then ask someone to compile it for Wii if he doesn't want to bother with devkitpro.

-----------------------------------------

@Yoghurt:

Okay, I can understand that! If you ever get around to try again, though, I'd be more than happy to help answer questions and explain stuff to you!

Hmm, bad at social networking? I doubt it, since you actually found Daid who is a very talented programmer. Also, its actually generally very hard to find a programmer for one's game, since a lot of people are already working on something they have invented by themselves. I've seen lots of other people on this forum looking for a programmer and almost all of them (if not all) have failed, so I wouldn't call you bad at social networking.

Good luck with finding a coder! :)

-----------------------------------------

edit: minor reformulation

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2011 04:04PM by profetylen.
November 18, 2011 09:34PM
thanx. I don't get why nobody is helping me. Its not much to do and you get cash. Hows that a bad thing?
November 18, 2011 10:05PM
Yoghurt
thanx. I don't get why nobody is helping me. Its not much to do and you get cash. Hows that a bad thing?

I'm sure its just a matter of bad timing and lack of experienced programmers. I for instance have not done any 2d programming nor have I touched SDL programming plus I'm working on website stuff now.

I assume it would just take a couple days to get up to speed but as far as I have seen not many people on here are busy on old stuff or are busy trying to learn some new mobile platform. You may have to hold on a bit longer and hope somebody pops up.
November 21, 2011 08:38PM
I do hope. It is a PC/Wii Game so maybe someday someone will actually help me :(
Re: CODER NEEDED! Game almost finished! I can pay you!
December 11, 2011 07:54PM
Still looking!
Re: STILL LOOKING: CODER NEEDED! Game almost finished! I can pay you!
February 28, 2012 09:14PM
Still looking!
Re: STILL LOOKING: CODER NEEDED! Game almost finished! I can pay you!
April 12, 2012 02:31PM
Yoghurt have you tried irc prehaps freenode ##programming i found a programmer on freenode for one of my project when i wasnt even looking
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login