Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USB drive issue. Some work - Some don't

Posted by demondude777 
USB drive issue. Some work - Some don't
November 24, 2011 02:38AM
Hi there, I have a question.

I have a 1TB drive hooked up to my Wii, and it formatted to FAT32. However it seems that some applications like it and others don't. For example: FCE Ultra GX, Genesis Plus, and Snes9x GX have no problems accessing the drive. But when I try WiiSX or Wii64 I get a message saying it can not locate usb/(wii64/wiisx)/roms, yet the folders are on the drive. Also with Hugo-Wii, I get a message saying that usb failed to load, and no games list.

Does anyone have any ideas why it is working for some and not others? Is there anything else I need to load, or should I try the 2nd usb slot on the Wii?

Thank you in advance! :)
Re: USB drive issue. Some work - Some don't
November 24, 2011 02:55AM
Try looking here: [forum.wiibrew.org]
It doesn't work because Wii64 and WiiSX (and Hugo-Wii) were released quite a while ago so they don't have current optimizations for USB access.
Instead of Hugo-Wii try WiiMednafen: [www.wiibrew.org]
November 25, 2011 06:40AM
Thank you very much. I am going to give those a try tomorrow.

Thank you for the update. I don't know how I missed that emulator on the list. :)
November 25, 2011 09:50PM
bg4545
Try looking here: [forum.wiibrew.org]
It doesn't work because Wii64 and WiiSX (and Hugo-Wii) were released quite a while ago so they don't have current optimizations for USB access.
Instead of Hugo-Wii try WiiMednafen: [www.wiibrew.org]

I've been having a similar problem. Everything loads off of my USB stick except I can't save or load saves from Project 64. Also I have to keep changing the settings for the emulators because they won't save. I used to be able to on the official builds, but for some reason on your builds they don't work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login