Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about tueidj's Descent w/Multiplayer

Posted by brucetp 
Question about tueidj's Descent w/Multiplayer
January 03, 2012 11:09PM
I purchased Descent from GOG.com, downloaded and installed tueidj's loader for the Wii and everything works great!

My question is about the networking/multiplayer. Is it possible to play a PC against the Wii in multiplayer mode? When I click on Multiplayer on the Wii I get a message saying the network is not setup, try again later (not exact wording). I can create the host game on the PC but obviously it never see's the Wii game. Maybe this is possible but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks!
Bruce
Re: Question about tueidj's Descent w/Multiplayer
January 04, 2012 03:42AM
You can play against a PC using DOSBOX, but first let's figure out why the wii is giving that error.
- Is your wii configured for internet access?
- In the homebrew channel before you launch Descent, is the wifi icon in the bottom right corner lit up?
- Is your internet connection reasonably fast? Sometimes slow connections get that error message because they have more than 1000ms lag (it wouldn't be possible to play a game with acceptable performance in that state).
Re: Question about tueidj's Descent w/Multiplayer
January 07, 2012 08:48PM
Yes the Wii is connected to the internet and the wifi icon is lit up. However, my internet connection is approx 1M download and it aggs sometimes but it's reasonable. I actually didn't figure the internet connection would be a factor since I would just be playing against another computer here at home. Is that not the case with the wii version?

Thanks for the help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login