Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Emulators and Classic controllers from nesinfinitelives.com

Posted by rcw003 
Homebrew Emulators and Classic controllers from nesinfinitelives.com
January 07, 2012 11:36PM
I bought one of the nes controllers from nesinfinitelives.com that plugs into the bottom of the wiimote. From what I understand its a nes controller with the guts of a classic controller stuff inside. It works great in Wii software where I can use a classic controller like Super Mario All-stars, Yet all the home brew emulators for some reason act like the "left" is being held down. Has anyone else had this issue? Don't think I got a bummed controller since it works in actual Wii titles no problem. I have plugged in a classic controller pro and don't seem to have the issues. Any insight on this would be great.
Re: Homebrew Emulators and Classic controllers from nesinfinitelives.com
January 08, 2012 01:01AM
Third party classic controllers aren't supported properly by libogc (which is used to make homebrew), so they aren't properly supported in homebrew sadly. Basically its because they're all slightly different, and supporting them all would be a lot of work. You're actually "lucky" that yours works at all.
Re: Homebrew Emulators and Classic controllers from nesinfinitelives.com
January 08, 2012 01:35AM
hmmm, I will contact nesinfinitelives.com then as he says right on his site

A Wii "Classic Controller" converted to NES form. I now only use OFFICIAL Nintendo donor classic controllers! So there are not compatibility issues like my previous versions.

so I will make sure the one I got is for sure using official Nintendo classic controller innards.

Thanks for the info.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login