Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help with gecko - no launch channels option

Posted by raeht 
help with gecko - no launch channels option
February 25, 2012 11:19PM
i am trying to use gecko with wiiware/VC games but it does not give me a launch channels option, only launch game. ive read in various places that this needs ios36 and dop-mii (i have the dop-mii app) but this is where i get confused. can anyone tell me a fix for this? thanks
Re: help with gecko - no launch channels option
February 25, 2012 11:36PM
You need a patched IOS, but that is against the rules of these forums so we cannot tell you how to do this.
February 25, 2012 11:38PM
Load dop-Mii, choose to run with HW_AHBPROT and downgrade IOS36 to the earliest revision. Note that this will not work on so called "LU64+" Wiis i.e. newer Wiis (LU64+ comes from serial no beginning with LU and a number greater than or equal to 64). In fact, it will cause Gecko OS not to work at all. If this happens on your Wii, load dop-Mii again and reinstall the latest version of IOS36.

There are other ways to make it work, that will work on any Wii, but they involve methods against the rules for discussion here.
February 25, 2012 11:44PM
i tried installing the oldest/earliest version of ios36 (v1042) but when i go to load gecko i get a black screen. i checked my s/n as well and i have an LU40... system. does this mean i cant get gecko to work (in a way accepted by this forum)?
February 26, 2012 12:20AM
If you get black screen it means your Wii won't work with that IOS36. Sadly, we can't help you further than this. You should upgrade IOS36 back to latest revision. If you follow up bg4545's post, you might be able to find a way yourself. Be careful though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login