Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew browser problem

Posted by Brandon4629 
Homebrew browser problem
October 01, 2012 04:59AM
I updated it to 0.39d and it won't load up. It keeps saying after requesting homebrew list error - 6

I tried using the old version, but I can't click on the emulators tab.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2012 05:01AM by Brandon4629.
Re: Homebrew browser problem
October 01, 2012 09:09PM
Im having the same problem but every time i try to install the browser it gives me that error too
October 04, 2012 08:28AM
..The same thing just happened to me after updating and I'm recieving the same error. 3 days later and only us 3 are affected? Strange? If anyone out there has a fix please pass it along.
October 04, 2012 08:29PM
Same thing has happened to me as well. My wii is a 4.3u firmware. I booted up the Homebrew Browser and it said it had an update, 0.39d. It updated, then when it tried to start it after the update it won't connect and just gives me an error code (list error - 6) over and over. This is the first time I've ever seen anything like this in the many years I have been using the HBB. I am sure it is happening to a lot of folks, they just don't post in these forums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2012 08:31PM by Joeyboots80.
039d Homebrew browser problem !
October 07, 2012 04:10AM
+1 Same here
list error - 6
I updated the HBB today 6th October 2012
~First problem I ever had. (Twilight Hack'ed a Loooong time ago)
Re: 039d Homebrew browser problem !
October 07, 2012 05:55AM
The Homebrew Browser has its own bug tracker.
Homebrew browser problem on my system
November 28, 2012 05:15AM
I have a gut feeling its not a bug, and thanks for the link. After all the hacks I've applied over the years ,I'm amazed how well it all works. I have no complaints and assume something way back when was a mistake. (priiloader? system downgrade? cIOScorp? Who knows? Not me. I just apply the hacks others way more talented and skilled than I produce.
By the way, I have had at least as much fun using hacks and homebrew and following the scene as playing any Zelda game.
Thanks to you all.
Re: Homebrew browser problem on my system
November 28, 2012 10:29AM
system downgrade and cIOScrap are particularly bad ideas. "talented and skilled" is of course relative, and while they may seem to know what they're doing, the truly talented and skilled members of the scene generally disagree; people like Team Twiizers [the ones responsible for hacking the Wii in the first place, creating HBC, finding most of the various IOS exploits used over the years etc.; essentially, doing everything that made homebrew actually possible on the Wii] would strongly advise against installing these sorts of things. cIOScrap is a particularly invasive system mod which replaces every IOS in your Wii with hacked versions, meaning that there isn't a guaranteed stable IOS left on your Wii. Having every IOS patched has been known to cause dozens of issues.

For example, before preventative measures were taken, the majority of bug reports for HBC turned out to be because the IOS it was using was patched. Now, if it's running on a patched IOS, it'll just turn upside down, so if someone tries to make a bug report, the developers will know to just ignore it.

On top of that, cIOScrap makes it intentionally very difficult to remove itself (the "justification" is so it can endure system updates). Thankfully it is possible.

System downgrades are also stupid and pointless. There is absolutely no benefit to having a downgraded system (despite what some people will try to tell you). However, once done they probably shouldn't affect day to day running of console too much. It's mostly the process itself that is a stupid risk.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login