Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNES9xGX .srm Help

Posted by BLiZIHGUH 
SNES9xGX .srm Help
October 09, 2012 07:25AM
Long story short, I've been trying to figure this one out all night and I'm never going to be able to do it, so; can somebody help me move a save to the computer?

A long time ago, I almost beat a game I had on SNES9xGx, but I got bored of it. Recently, though, I got a phone that can emulate SNES games too, and I figured I might as well finish it now that I can bring it with me and play when I have nothing better to do for a few minutes. Problem is, the save only works on the wii.

The game itself has a save on it as soon as I run it off SNES9xGX, without loading save states or srm. However, there is no save file on it when I try playing from the computer/phone. I tried copying over the srm to the computer, but Snes9x (computer ver.) doesn't seem to recognize the srm. Snes9xGX saves save states as .frz files, which I can't figure out what to do with, so no help there either.

I read somewhere that SNES9XGX adds a 512-byte header to srm, but when I open the srm in notepad to delete the header, the srm consists mostly of one character, which I have learned means, "THIS SAVE IS CORRUPTED," when dealing with save files. Deleting the header didn't seem to work anyway.

The save states and game both work fine and have a save on SNES9XGX, is there any way I can make either have a save on the computer, too? I don't feel like beating the whole thing again >_>

Thanks in advance to anybody that knows how to help!
Re: SNES9xGX .srm Help
October 17, 2012 06:10PM
If you save ingame doesnt it saves on the Rom ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login