Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ACCIO HACK/ GECKO OS CONTROLER PROBLEM

Posted by Lbescos 
ACCIO HACK/ GECKO OS CONTROLER PROBLEM
January 29, 2013 08:49PM
My first time working with HBC and hacking Wii. I want to hack monster hunter tri and did some research and came across HBC and the apps. I downloaded accio hacks and gecko os after getting HBC and the browser set up. Gecko OS loads but it wont let me do anything once I get in there. The controller disconnects and then wont reconnect. Its not freezing because the gecko menu keeps flashing for me to load game. With accio it does the same thing. Wont let my controller connect. I don't know if it is frozen but it doesn't let me press anything. I have uninstalled everything a few times. I have the newer black wii with the wiimote with the motion plus in it. Please help me!!!!
Re: ACCIO HACK/ GECKO OS CONTROLER PROBLEM
April 09, 2013 04:05AM
I have the same problem. I don't know why it does this or how to fix it. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!
June 11, 2013 12:05AM
I see a lot of questions but no answers... I'm having the same problem... are there any pros in the house?
June 11, 2013 12:53AM
I'm guessing you're all using the newer "Wii Remote Plus" Wii Remotes, with built MotionPlus? They don't work with older homebrew, and the only way to fix is to recompile them with the latest libraries. Gecko OS is open source, so it might be possible to recompile it, although I'm not sure if it'll build with the latest libraries without modification. I'm not sure if Accio Hacks is open source or not, if not you'd have to contact the developer about it.

Another option for applying cheat codes is Riivolution. I am reasonably sure it would work with the Wii Remote Plus, there was a new version of it released today. It needs to be set up slightly differently for using Ocarina cheat codes (the codes used with Gecko OS and downloaded with Accio Hacks), see here: [rvlution.net]
June 11, 2013 03:07PM
I tried to load the Ocarina cheat codes and got an error message that said I needed to register with some website before I could use the program
June 11, 2013 03:50PM
Tree
I tried to load the Ocarina cheat codes and got an error message that said I needed to register with some website before I could use the program
What program? You need to be a little more specific, at least three programs have been mentioned in this thread...

And did you try registering at said website? Seems like the obvious thing to try when you're told you need to register at a website...
June 11, 2013 04:11PM
I was born at night not last night... I registered at Nuke www.usbgecko..and still didn't find the solution,
One simple question.. How can I get my controller to work? _____________________________________
June 11, 2013 04:59PM
I already answered that:

SifJar
I'm guessing you're all using the newer "Wii Remote Plus" Wii Remotes, with built MotionPlus? They don't work with older homebrew, and the only way to fix is to recompile them with the latest libraries.
Controler will not work with Accio Hacks/Gecko
June 11, 2013 01:54PM
treejacksonmusic@yahoo.com

Everything was on the up until my Wii console stop working, so I purchased another one.. downloaded the Homebrew Channel, and the Homebrew Browser.. everything went smooth.. until I loaded Accio Hacks! My"Controller would not work at all! Then I loaded Gecko os 1.9.31 "same problem... I loaded a game from Homebrew browser.."the controller worked fine..The controller works with some of the games.. and a few other utilities..

If there are any professional's around that can help me, I'm willing to learn ... give me a shout, I'd really appreciate your assistance..
I'm a professional guitar player and I like to help guys that desire to be helped..
thank you in advance.

Tree

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2013 01:57PM by Tree.
Controller/ Keep It Simple
June 11, 2013 04:21PM
Just One simple question
All I need is one simple answer

Question: How can I get my Wii motionPlus to work with utilities in the Homebrew Browser?
Answer:___________________________________________________________________.
June 12, 2013 12:01AM
*Multiple threads merged*

Your question has been answered numerous times but here you go.
Question: How can I get my Wii motionPlus to work with utilities in the Homebrew Browser?
Answer: Recompile the apps from source code with the latest homebrew libraries.

The reason the Wii Remote Plus works in the Homebrew Channel, the Homebrew Browser, and many more recent applications is because when they were compiled (when the apps were made into executable files) they had the controller configured in the homebrew libraries they used. Since many of the utitlites on the Homebrew Browser are older, they didn't have the newer libraries which configure using the Wii Remote Plus. Usually they can simply be recompiled with the latest libraries, however some of them do not have freely available source code. I believe accio hacks doesn't have available source code so you'd have to contact the creator of the app. Does that answer your question well enough?

Please don't make multiple threads for the same issue; Especially if you have already posted in another relevant topic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 12:11AM by bg4545.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login