Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AnyRegion Changer Help

Posted by MorningGlow 
AnyRegion Changer Help
June 06, 2016 06:06AM
I have a North American (Canada) Wii and I want to try and play some of my imported NTSC-J games (both GC and Wii), but I can't really find a guide on how to install AnyRegion Changer. The wiki links to an information video about the application's capabilities, but not so much its installation or use. The reason why I'm cautious about this is that there's the possibility of bricking my Wii with this. The only guide that I can find for its installation is in French.

I'm wondering what is required to install the AnyRegion Changer on my Wii, I already have the Homebrew Channel installed, and how to change my system settings without having to worry about it bricking.

Would this setting allow for me to play my imported Japanese games?
Language Setting: Japanese
Console Area Setting: Japanese
Game Region Setting: Japanese
Console Video Mode: NTSC (unchanged)
Shop Country Code: 49 (unchanged, because I won't be using the shop)
System Menu Region: Japanese
And choosing to install the System Menu 3.2? Having the main Wii menu, or the entire console in Japanese wouldn't bother me because I can read it.

Thanks in advance.
Re: AnyRegion Changer Help
June 06, 2016 06:32AM
There's no need to change the region just to run games from discs, use tiny load (for Wii games) and gc-booter (for GC games).
June 08, 2016 08:07PM
I'm looking into changing regions as a means to use only one Wiibrew, rather than two, for all my Japanese games.
June 09, 2016 06:10AM
That doesn't really justify running the risk of permanent bricking everytime you want to switch between using US/JPN games.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2016 06:10AM by tueidj.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login